Hello from Malaysia

Hello From Malaysia,
I have been in Malaysia for 5 years. Everything you eat here is served with Thai Chilis. I usually dump them all on my rice to eat them. Everyone ask me " You like spicy?" I tell them yes, do you have anything spicy?
I have been looking for Habaneros since I got here. Being from the good old USA I am accustom to having a variety of choices. Here is not the case. I had found a store in KL that people from Singapore were buying the chilis at. The habaneros were red and not that hot. I had had enough.
I ordered seeds from the UK. Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T and 7 pods, many different variations of Habaneros. I think you get the picture of what I am after.
I thought that the weather here in Malaysia would be perfect to grow the chilis. The only problem I have so far is that they are in pots behind my house. I water them every other day. The sun is so strong here that it can cause the plants to wilt in a matter of hours. I have shade protection for them. I have read that if you over water the chilis they will be bitter. I am afraid if I water them every day tat might happen. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how often to water them in a tropical climate?

Thanks
Kris
www.hotchili.co

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

krism1967 said:
Hello From Malaysia,
I have been in Malaysia for 5 years. Everything you eat here is served with Thai Chilis. I usually dump them all on my rice to eat them. Everyone ask me " You like spicy?" I tell them yes, do you have anything spicy?
I have been looking for Habaneros since I got here. Being from the good old USA I am accustom to having a variety of choices. Here is not the case. I had found a store in KL that people from Singapore were buying the chilis at. The habaneros were red and not that hot. I had had enough.
I ordered seeds from the UK. Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T and 7 pods, many different variations of Habaneros. I think you get the picture of what I am after.
I thought that the weather here in Malaysia would be perfect to grow the chilis. The only problem I have so far is that they are in pots behind my house. I water them every other day. The sun is so strong here that it can cause the plants to wilt in a matter of hours. I have shade protection for them. I have read that if you over water the chilis they will be bitter. I am afraid if I water them every day tat might happen. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how often to water them in a tropical climate?

Thanks
Kris
www.hotchili.co
Hi....and welcome. I don't think you can overwater your plants if it prevents them from wilting.  Maybe you should move them where they get morning sun only--at least 6 hours....cut back on watering when the fruits are close to ripening....only other suggestion is to visit some local farmers and see what they are doing right by growing their peppers.....good luck...

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL [SIZE=8pt]
880smile-1.png
[/SIZE]

Back