Hello from the caribbean!

Hi all, I am Doc_D. Im originally from Maryland, but I currently live on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent, of the nation St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I live here currently because I am in medical school. I first started growing peppers when I was an American Soldier stationed in Afghanistan, just to pass the time. Afterward, I went to college in Pennsylvania (Penn State), where because of the long winters I could only grow a couple plants (Cayenne) during the summer months. My favorite peppers are the Thai Chili's. Though born in the U.S., I am ethnically Indian and have been eating them my whole life. Now that I live on a Caribbean island, I eat mostly Scotch Bonnet peppers. Very spicy and very cheap here. I am here today to ask growing questions about thai chili's I am attempting to grow! If you are an expert on growing chilis please visit my thread in the growing section!

Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome!   :welcome:

You're in the right place!  You'll find the members here are very willing to help

P.S.  If you traveled from Happy Valley to your home in Maryland, you probably drove right past my exit.  

nmlarson said:
Welcome!   :welcome:

You're in the right place!  You'll find the members here are very willing to help

P.S.  If you traveled from Happy Valley to your home in Maryland, you probably drove right past my exit.  
Oh do I miss Happy Valley so much! What I would do to be in college again!  Im assuming you are off of I-99? Pennsylvania is so beautiful in the winter! (Terrible pepper growing weather though)

Doc_D said:
Oh do I miss Happy Valley so much! What I would do to be in college again!  Im assuming you are off of I-99? Pennsylvania is so beautiful in the winter! (Terrible pepper growing weather though)

You know, after I sent that, I got to thinking, Maryland is just about as wide as PA!  You could have been headed any direction from West Virginia to Delaware.  :P 

Nope, I'm just off PA-322, just north of I-81 outside Harrisburg.

nmlarson said:

You know, after I sent that, I got to thinking, Maryland is just about as wide as PA!  You could have been headed any direction from West Virginia to Delaware.  :P

Nope, I'm just off PA-322, just north of I-81 outside Harrisburg.
I used to take 322 to 81 Harrisburg before I got the EZ-Pass! After the EZ pass I would take the I-99/PA-Turnpike/I-70 route home! Small world isn't it!

:welcome:  To THP.

Thank you for your service!

kwCJ9l2.jpg

Back