Hello , Have questions about overwintering superhots

I'm Rick. I'm trying to overwinter some superhot peppers , like Reapers and Scorpions in 5 gal buckets. I pruned them down last fall and keep them in the house in various places where I had room and watered them about once a month or so over the winter. My question is how to bring them back to growing again. Thanks

Just like the other plants we over winter in a cold damp basement with soil floor.
We bring them outside as soon as temps are pleasant, & then take them back in when it's going to frost.
I have just been trimming the dead branches off when they first go outside, & with some Fish & seaweed food they start growing again.

Happy Summer GIF by BrittDoesDesign

Welcome!

If they're dormant, probably want to get them into the warmth & light, and perk them up with a little extra water. At least, that's what I would do. But it's not quite warm enough to go out safely in your area I think.

Maybe get them in a south facing window?

I'm Rick. I'm trying to overwinter some superhot peppers My question is how to bring them back to growing again. Thanks
As noted by Maturo:
We bring them outside as soon as temps are pleasant, & then take them back in when it's going to frost.
I have just been trimming the dead branches off when they first go outside, & with some Fish & seaweed food they start growing again.

1649897517476.png
1649897601937.png

1649897641070.png

1649897755230.png

Last edited:
Back