Hello there! New to growing hots

Hi there! I'm going into my 3rd year gardening at my small suburban homestead in TX. This year, the hottest peppers I grew Birdseye Thai, Tabasco and a 2nd year Serrano, amongst other mild and sweet peppers. I can't eat spicy foods due to GERD but I enjoy growing the peppers for my family. A few like Sugar Rush Peach and Japones dampened off. Next year I'll be adding a few others and retrying those that didn't make it in the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 39
:welcome:
I can't eat spicy foods due to GERD but I enjoy growing the peppers for my family.
"A Taiwanese study found that although capsaicin increases heartburn if you eat it once, taking it regularly significantly reduces symptoms."
At least one study has found cap actually helps GERD. This might mean taking a daily supplement to maintain a baseline if you don't eat spicy every day, but, it might be something to look into if you want to enjoy spicy with the fam.

:welcome:

"A Taiwanese study found that although capsaicin increases heartburn if you eat it once, taking it regularly significantly reduces symptoms."
At least one study has found cap actually helps GERD. This might mean taking a daily supplement to maintain a baseline if you don't eat spicy every day, but, it might be something to look into if you want to enjoy spicy with the fam.
Oh wow! I'm going to look into that

Back