• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

HELp! Can you tell me what these are?

Planted a bunch of seeds that were sold to us as Jamacian Red Scotch Bonnets. Turns out the majority of the peppers are Aji Cachucha. There were a few of these in the mix, and we don't know what they are.

IMAG2325.jpg

IMAG2326.jpg

IMAG2324.jpg

IMAG2322.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

as a side note, the plants are identical in appearance (except the purple has purple flowers), and the pepper pods are very light green until ripening (except the purple)

I know the feeling of spending so much time and energy on plants that don't turn out true.
Last year i bought what was supposed to be Bhut Jolokia seeds from a certain company but they were not even close.
I rather spend the extra money and get the right product, even all the way from Australia.

I thought I'd share what the seed purveyor thought these peppers might be. Feel free to share your opinion

#1 Anaheim........

#2 Gaujillo..........this pepper is described as mild like that of the jalapeno. Ours are hotter than that, but the flavor description is close

#3 Remains a mystery

#4 Is yet another pepper I am seeking a name for. The pic is not great, but you can see the pepper pod grows upside down on a indiscernible stem.
The heat is somewhat mild, the pod is very fleshy.

oddpeppers2.jpg

Not only did you get wrong seeds, it appears you got a VARIETY of wrong seeds.

My red scotch bonnets produced one plant of red scotch bonnet type pods and one that looks like a fat jalapeno. Seeds from the same pack.......weird

Back