• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help? Growing guide for a beginner.

Hello, im new to growing. never grown anything in my life. i have some seeds on there way and i would appreciate a guide and some of your tips and tricks.

i live in oregon if it makes any diffrence (which im sure it does)

is there a time i should start the seeds? if i remember correctly pex said if i start them when i get them then ill have a really healthy plant by summer..

is there a time i should start the seeds? if i remember correctly pex said if i start them when i get them then ill have a really healthy plant by summer..

Hi Paradox-Defined, you want to start your seeds indoors about 6 to 8 weeks before the last expected frost in your area. The first thing you'll want to do when you get your seeds is understand how to germinate them. Here's an article that explains several methods for doing this:

http://www.growhotpe...m-to-germinate/

Good luck with your peppers, and make sure to ask lots of questions on this forum. I definitely learned a lot here!

Yes you can start them anytime indoors as long as they stay warm.. about 70 is ideal for germination depending on the variety. You should also give them water when they need it and at least 1/2 a day of light till they get a bit older. You shouldnt need to fertilize them until they get the first real leaves then use a 15-30-15 water soluable one, 1/2 teaspoon per gallon is what i use.
We all like to see your progress.. so take the pix and post them.. you will get a lot of comments/suggestions

Just my 2 cents..:)

Back