• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Help Identifying Plant

(i am reposting this, after posting it in the wrong category)

Good Morning everyone, a few months ago i aquired a little plant, a pepper. My father planted it in a pot and he only watered it. Now in August the plant bloomed and some beautiful peppers came out. I tried them, and they were like fire! My problem is, i can't identify what kind of pepper plant it is. No matter how much i tried to  compare it with other photos over the internet i couldn't find an exact match. So i came to you, to help me find out what it is. Here are some photos of it.

http://postimg.org/gallery/bgl4jhrc/

Your plant belongs to "ornamental" group of C. annuum. They are edible indeed, but nothing really interesting in them. There are lots of local silly names for them, and such and similar plants arrive from Holland in pots to flower stores and marts.

those are bird's eye chilis, and they happen to be one of my favorites.  Jah is right about them being ornamental, but the reason is because the pods point upwards.  They would do well in any kind of oriental or east indian cooking.

it looks like Bolivian small red of which i grow every year

i would say that's my best guess when you consider how many species look just like that

nice plant

thanks your friend Joe

Back