help in I.D. this caterpillar, UPDATE bird on cam

well i put out a game cam after 7 fully ripe peppers bit the dust this weekend, here is what i got so far

PRMS0657_zps8cfc615f.jpg

PRMS0658_zpsbded55a4.jpg

PRMS0659_zpsd6a02ef0.jpg

he didnt eat it, but iwasnt home at the time, and i know my grandson was visiting at that time pushing a bubble mower around the back yard

STAY TUNED

It is possible the cardinals figured out there are seeds inside. I could see how that would fit the damage pattern. I have always known cardinals to prefer seeds when they can find them.

Is that the fight I have to look forward to when everything starts turning red?  Already found 3 pods with what looks like bites taken out, but I suspect bugs.

Figures... our culprit would have to be the STATE BIRD! That means no shooting at them :doh: . Does that electronic bird repellent work at all Dan? If so, I might have to invest in a couple.

Well its hard to say at this point, I have small bir-x, my garden is 64x20 I had it in the middle pointing towards the back privacy fence under a 3 gallon bucket with the sides cut out because I dont think its weatherproof

So today I lifted it up on top of a 5 gallon bucket, cut the holes wider, moved it closer to the end of the garden in the photo, haven't seen any birds today, and I didnt see any in the middle of the garden when it was there, its inconclusive due to the damage done, but I do believe it works, my area is just to big for just one of the model I have
Pepperhead said:
Is that the fight I have to look forward to when everything starts turning red?  Already found 3 pods with what looks like bites taken out, but I suspect bugs.

I cant say for sure about yours, but mine I can say is going to be trouble

Back