• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help me identify these babies, please!

the whole plant:
ZgleX.jpg

And some of the peppers:

Agfyg.jpg

OwPC0.jpg

This is one of the ones I had moved up onto the porch because it was nearly bare a month ago. I didn't think it would make it. Now, it's got a whole bunch of flowers and several peppers. I'm thinking Habanero of some sort? Wish I knew.

Definitely look like some sort of Hab, I'd say let it get a little bigger?
Where did you get seeds & what did they tell you it was ?

Have to agree with PepperLover..bell peppers...i had a batch of seeds that turned into bells, although they were labelled something else. :)

dammit! Not superhots. A have a bunch of plants that I was told were superhots of various varieties. I guess half the fun is going to be figuring out what is actually what. Thanks for the replies...

it's all good. I have TONS of superhots, they're just barely starting to get little buds though. No fruiting on any of the ones I really want.

niiice duude. are you excited to eat somee ?

am I ever! I've never tried a fresh super-hot. I'm especially excited about the Fatalis.

OK, time for an update. Here's some new pics of the plant we're thinking are bells. I actually think they're mini-bells. Hart to tell yet.

This is the oldest pod. It's got what looks like maybe bacterial spotting, although I hope not. The dozens of other pods look fine.

tV4ML.jpg

69szf.jpg

The whole plant:

XhsFW.jpg

And now, a different unidentified plant. Any ideas?

iojzZ.jpg

I9SH1.jpg

Bim15.jpg

And one more...I'm thinking this might be a Corno Di Toro sweet pepper:

V12yT.jpg

Oh, and one of my Mucho Nacho Jalapeno pods:

cdu4e.jpg

OK, an update. So, I thought these were mini-bells. They look like it.
One that stayed SUPER tiny but was ripened RED fell off. I grabbed it and took a bite...

Um...is there such a thing as HOT bell peppers? The pods certain look bell-shaped, but woah! It just caught me off guard. It made my lips burn for several minutes. It was easily as hot or hotter than the Mucho Nacho jalapeno I picked yesterday. Is there anything else these could be?!

30yV4.jpg

Also, what about this? It's been growing and growing but doesn't seem to be changing color at all. It's large. I can't wait to see what this ends up being:

Dq98I.jpg

am I ever! I've never tried a fresh super-hot. I'm especially excited about the Fatalis.

OK, time for an update. Here's some new pics of the plant we're thinking are bells. I actually think they're mini-bells. Hart to tell yet.

This is the oldest pod. It's got what looks like maybe bacterial spotting, although I hope not. The dozens of other pods look fine.

tV4ML.jpg

69szf.jpg

The whole plant:

XhsFW.jpg

And now, a different unidentified plant. Any ideas?

iojzZ.jpg

I9SH1.jpg

Bim15.jpg

And one more...I'm thinking this might be a Corno Di Toro sweet pepper:

V12yT.jpg

Oh, and one of my Mucho Nacho Jalapeno pods:

cdu4e.jpg

haha looking good. hopefully you find out soon!

OK, an update. So, I thought these were mini-bells. They look like it.
One that stayed SUPER tiny but was ripened RED fell off. I grabbed it and took a bite...

Um...is there such a thing as HOT bell peppers? The pods certain look bell-shaped, but woah! It just caught me off guard. It made my lips burn for several minutes. It was easily as hot or hotter than the Mucho Nacho jalapeno I picked yesterday. Is there anything else these could be?!

30yV4.jpg

Also, what about this? It's been growing and growing but doesn't seem to be changing color at all. It's large. I can't wait to see what this ends up being:

Dq98I.jpg

haha thats crazy ! im not sure if I could help, but im excited to see what they turn out to bee !

any other thoughts on what the "spicy bell" could be? They were Pepper Joe "mini bell" seeds, I think. I forgot, because the damned birds stole most of my plastic plant tags.

I think I figured it out. The elongated one looks to be a Corno Di Toro. I did get some of those seeds from Pepper Joe...I think that's what this is:

CornoDiToro.jpg

Also, the "bells" could very well be cajun bell peppers. I had never heard of them. See here:

http://www.all-americaselections.org/Winners_Print.asp?ID=154

Pepper_Cajun_Belle.jpg

Back