Help me identify this nutrient deficiency

That's why I am often so vocal about the overuse of things like Cal-Mag, and the "magical" epsom salt spray.  Hydro shops make too much money off of suckers the way it is, and the efficacy of epsom salt is sketchy, at best.  But when people are convinced...

Zippy said:

I was wondering the same thing. Those Zapotecs could easily describe my white bhuts this year. Most of my the peppers I had this year suffered to one extent or another but the yellowed ones in the ground just grew out of it. I'm wondering if climatic conditions play a role in calcium uptake. Waiting around may be less than optimal even though from a production standpoint we could construe this as a bottleneck. 
See, I got 23 fairly rad Zapotecs, and one yellow dud. It can't be climate. There's something going on with the one plant. If he's just a weirdo, I can live with that... But if it's a pathogen, I want to stop the spread. And if it's a deficiency that's manifesting itself in just the one plant bc that plant is weak or inefficient, I'd like to try to remediate it.

I hear you on the pathogen. I traded some extra healthy habs for a very sad looking aji. I wasn't sure what was attacking it and against my better judgement, I traded a healthy plant for an iffy one. This week it started to green up and it straightened out roughly an inch. It is pretty puny so I am not sure if it can recover enough to produce ripe fruit in my short season but hey I'm a sucker for lost causes. And yes I planted it in the ground so I hope I did not spread anything. My fingers are crossed hoping the problem was nothing more than a light deficiency. With that said I grow in 3s for a reason. I ended up with quintuples on many varieties this year. I look at growing as a vacancy issue. If I have a deadbeat that isn't pulling its weight, out with the old and in with the new. 

Back