• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Help me plan my trip

OK...here is a map of my travel in June:

Driving directions

It will be a round trip, to Raleigh on a Sunday morning/early afternoon, return Thursday afternoon/evening. If you know of any place that is not too far out of the way that I should stop for a meal or a hot sauce store, please let me know. I've heard a rumor there is a hot sauce store in Mt. Airy, so I'm going to look there, but with all the NC people on here, I'm hoping I won't have to eat at Arby's for meals.

uh, you are going to raleigh, and youre going to stay for like, 5 days? why? there are alot of beer stops there, if youre into that. otherwise, perhaps you should go another hour or 2 and hit the beach up...

I would, but I'll be a conference at Duke University from 8 am til midnight Mon-Wed, as well as Sunday night and Thursday morning. Any "spare time" I would like to spend with my dad, who I haven't seen in almost 6 years. All my meals are paid for at the conference, so basically all I have is the trip down and back, and maybe some time Thursday afternoon.

dreamtheatervt said:
I would, but I'll be a conference at Duke University from 8 am til midnight Mon-Wed, as well as Sunday night and Thursday morning. Any "spare time" I would like to spend with my dad, who I haven't seen in almost 6 years. All my meals are paid for at the conference, so basically all I have is the trip down and back, and maybe some time Thursday afternoon.

so why do you want advice on what to do if you already know what youre going to do? hahah im sorry maybe im just lost. ;)

oh wow i think i completely misread the first post!!

oops!

i too, have heard about said hot sauce store in mt airy.

i ate at a tylers in durham, they are a beer bar, but the food wasnt bad.. and i know they have one in raleigh too

Back