• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help me please!!

Hey grimus well that suxs big time.I`ve found that a batch of hab powder and soap and canola oil sprayed on my plants works wonders with our deer prob.Have you ever seen a deer on a bhut trip? lol not pretty. Seems that once in the nose they Do remember that this isn`t the plant and with 3 dogs they stay way clear of my plants.never seen a rottie cry so much ! lol good luck Rich

hixs said:
Hey grimus well that suxs big time.I`ve found that a batch of hab powder and soap and canola oil sprayed on my plants works wonders with our deer prob.Have you ever seen a deer on a bhut trip? lol not pretty. Seems that once in the nose they Do remember that this isn`t the plant and with 3 dogs they stay way clear of my plants.never seen a rottie cry so much ! lol good luck Rich

hahahaha my dog's a big sook as it is! if i get her with that combo i think she'll just go to her kennel and cry all afternoon! Oh and i have spoken to a guy in the far north of NZ, and i can get a descent size bhut off him... so all is not lost! and i've picked up a wildfire, and a hungarian yellow from the local nursery too

yeah we do, they have a lot of reds for sale at the mo, might pick one of those up when i get a chance. cheers mate

Hey mate, if you see any more Wildfire chili plants I recommend grabbing some more. I grew one in 2008 and it produced really well, and I even managed to overwinter it and it is now twice as big. I saw a few in bunnings down here yesterday that were a decent size and already had chili growing on them!

Well here's an update. dog is gone. and have ended up with 5 plants that are fairly healthy. a wild fire (cayenne type i think), a hungarian yellow and a O Hab/red savina/jalapeno (not sure yet) that ended up surviving, black pearl, and a Bhut Jolokia that cost me an arm and a leg that has about 50 flowers budding, first should open in the next few days. running out of time fast, but along with seeds that i have bought and aquired, next season should be great :)

electric fence or 12 guage--- ah wrong answer. Try a lil ground cayanne and let the nose figure out --this ain`t the place to be.Worked great with our deer but was then naga based so as to HURT.Good luck Rich

electric fence or 12 guage--- ah wrong answer. Try a lil ground cayanne and let the nose figure out --this ain`t the place to be.Worked great with our deer but was then naga based so as to HURT.Good luck Rich

Hey Rich, ended up giving Sasha away in the end. She needed more space, and we couldn't give it to her. So she's off on a farm with another weimeraner cross. And I have a very happy healthy pepper patch :D

Lab X Weimeraner? That's gotta be one high energy pooch! My little boxer likes to eat the chillies off my plants. She was literally picking and eating the Caribbean Reds off the vine. Crazy little chili dog like her dad. She's got my long dancers legs and her under-bite and vestigial tail from her mom though ;)

EDIT: Just read your post. Glad you got it figured out.

Back