• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health HELP!!, my leaf whats wrong? (pic inside)

i went to water my plants tonight and i noticed a few leaves on 2 of my plants like 3-4 leaves had some weird color, please help me
is it going to spread?
should i rip them off?
is it sun damage?
they have been inside under cfl lights for about 80 days or so and i put them outside about a week ago, today was probably the first day they got full days sun.
My plant
IMG_4442.jpg

The location of the leaves damaged
IMG_4443.jpg

the big leaf i found and close up picture
IMG_4444.jpg

Closer look of same leaf
IMG_4445.jpg

Backside of the leaf from above ^
IMG_4446.jpg

and a zoomed in look at the backside of leaf
IMG_4447.jpg

let me know anything you guys may think.
i was thinking sun damage, even though they were out a week maybe needed longer before a full day.
if so should i put back in shaded area for maybe another week, partial sun?

Yep, looks like sunscald, i wouldn't worry about it.

Yanking the worst couple of leaves is optional, otherwise the plant knows how to abort them itself.

Nah, nothing that severe, you can give them an hour or two less sun tomorrow if you want.

If that's the only sunscald you got after a whole day's sun, then your plants are 99% hardened off already.

Heh - any time you take your plants from less-than-full sun to full sun, you should do it gradually. There is NO lightbulb currently manufactured that comes close enough. Reduce the time in full sun to at least half for several days, but leave outside where they'll get some shade the rest of the day. 

The bumpy leaves and curl makes me think they could use a shot of calcium too. Other than a bit of that and sun scald, it's a beautiful dark green! Great work so far. What kind of pepper is it?

This is EXACTLY the same damage my 7 pot brown plant got when i put it outside for the first time a few days ago.
Also why i just registered and try to find some answers what was going on (got quite worried as its my only plant)

Similar sunscald and slight curling of some of the leaves.
Glad to hear its not a fatal issue though.... Most of the leaves are dark green and seem healthy.

Back