• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Help! Need Some Advice about my failed germination attempt

<===== you talkin' to me? if so Billy Bikers...

thank you Alabama jack, im to scared to use peroxide haha you guys give awesome advice , no biker billy's yet i had some seeds from last year, i do plan on getting some biker billy's though, my wife thinks im over my head in peppers plants all ready lol

you can get the BBs at Lowe's or Home Depot...

yea been to lazy to go to lowes lately because of my vacation, i will try to motivate myself in a bit to go, is anyone growing this right now? are they pretty hot for jalapenos?

yea been to lazy to go to lowes lately because of my vacation, i will try to motivate myself in a bit to go, is anyone growing this right now? are they pretty hot for jalapenos?

I have never personally grown them, but I had an evil boss that used to. I would bring in a sack of jalapenos into the office for people to take home and he would sneak 4 or 5 BB's into the bag. They are way hot for a jalepeno, I don't like eating them but I can eat datils like potato chips.

the BBs are the only jalapenos I grow...they are my standard and have been for 4 years...they are IMO about half again hotter than a standard jalapeno....

Silva, all mine go in 1/2in deep and I have not had any issues. The key is moisture control. Look at your seed starter mix in dry state, a light brown shade of some source. Now water the tray up real well. You see moisture on top, almost as heavy as if you sprayed the top? You don't want that. You are looking for right in the middle of those two shades, light brown and dark brown almost black. Feel the weight of the tray both dry and soaked and look for half way again. If you can keep this consistant you will need no dome over your trays. I have never used the dome and I get plenty of babies to pop!

It sounds like you are getting on top of the issues. Just try and replicate what the situation has been the last week. You are getting babies so it's working in your favor. Good luck!

<===== you talkin' to me? if so Billy Bikers...

Was actually talking to Silva...but anything with the AJ endorsemtent is going to be good. I went with Mucho Naco's this season because of their size and claimed slight heat increase. I can't go too hot because the wife loves the poppers, but not too much heat. I also have 4 overwinter jalapeno plants (I don't remember the variety) that have great heat and flavor, but are on the smallish side for poppers. Just so you know Silva, Biker Billy and Mucho Nacho are both hybrids and neither variety grows true from harvested seeds.

The offer still stands for my extra plants...I think the BIker Billy's are right up your alley, but I have an extra Mucho Naco start and or one of the overwinter Jals I'll let you have. I drive past Pendleton every day. No trouble to meet you at either the Las Pulgas Gate or at the Denny's on Harbor to drop them off. I pass by at around 05:15 and again at 16:30...

I can't go too hot because the wife loves the poppers, but not too much heat.

exactly why I grow them...plus they are good to munch on while out tending the garden...

Back