• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help needed....

Ok so I transplanted my orange hab in order to move it out into my yard and get more sunlight during the day. however, it looks like I may have killed it - all the leaves are droopy and falling off - it's pretty sad looking. i have a fair number of green pods on it and really don't want to lose them. is there anything I can do to get the pods to ripen if I did indead kill off the plant?

not enough information provided...

was it in the house before the transplant or was it already outside is a needed piece of information....

if it has not seen direct sunlight and you moved it into direct sunlight you probably have shocked it...

where was the plant before you transplanted it?

it was already outside and got maybe 1/2 day of sun - i wanted to get it more sun before it gets too cold out, so the pods would ripen faster. did i do something wrong?

full sun is considered 6-8 hours a day so you may have just shocked the plant when you transplanted it...don't worry...pepper plants are tough and their main enemy is overwatering...

to agree some more; you will know what is wrong if you underwater, your chiles will look like they are dieing. to overwater is a little more difficult to figure out, it looks a lot like underwatering sometimes. the difference is when you over water to my knowledge is it looks moist and dead as oposed to dry and dead. os really watch out fro that drness, because if its wet and looks dead you are watering way too much as many ppl especially ME have learned this year trying to get the best peppers possible when a little bit of neglect defies logic but creates monster plants.

Over watering was a nightmare for me earlier in the year and caused me problems,But i was patient and plants rebounded :)

AlabamaJack said:
full sun is considered 6-8 hours a day so you may have just shocked the plant when you transplanted it...don't worry...pepper plants are tough and their main enemy is overwatering...

Yep, I've often noticed drooping with my plants after re-potting them and they bounce back fine.

If the plant is really weak or dead then you might want to take the green pods off and put them in a paper bag either alone or with a ripe banana or tomato to help with ethelyne gas production.

Back