• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help please

What is this on the leaves and how do I fix it?

IMG_1419_zpsccc802a8.jpg

Can't tell for sure, need a better close up. It could be edema which do to overwatering and will clear up, just back off watering it. It does look more whiteish than edema. You should do some google imaging to compare.

Later Mike

need to see a close up picture..

Hope you can tell from the new pics below..

Can't tell for sure, need a better close up. It could be edema which do to overwatering and will clear up, just back off watering it. It does look more whiteish than edema. You should do some google imaging to compare.

Later Mike

Thanks for the info please look at the new photos
Do you have any drain holes in those cups?

Yes there are drain holes in the red solo cups. I dont water often and if it will quit raining and warm up all of these are going to the garden.

That really doesn't look like edema to me, more like a virus.

Please look at the new photos

IMG_1421_zps7fa6f9fa.jpg

IMG_1422_zps458de299.jpg

Looks like a bad case of edema to me. Cut the plant back and dont water when its humid. It also looks like it should be potted up into a small pot

Looks like a bad case of edema to me. Cut the plant back and dont water when its humid. It also looks like it should be potted up into a small pot

Thanks I'll do that. It is not humid in the house but it has been a cold March here this year so I cant get the garden ready. 2012 we had everything planted by now so I am hoping everything can hold out another week or so.

I have a fan going. I took the plant outside cut the leaves off and have this one away from the others. Thanks for the help.

If you would like you can research edema. If the white crystal looking appearance is not removable then it will be edema. Whatever the case is you did the right thing as I suggested by removing the affected leaves. Potting it up will help as well.

Back