• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help to identify this pepper

I got seeds from very old Korean or Vietnamese lady ,we couldn't communicate just enough too let her know that her garden is great and that I would like some seeds
so there you go picture of pepper in different stages ,it may be Jalapeno but I don't know
need Your guys expertise

Picture287.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Gotta be fate. I was just coming on here to PM you IGG. That Purira you sent me is my healthiest looking plant! Thanks.

ON chileman, the purira looks like a great pepper.

The one in this thread almost looks like an upside down purira. A little long though.

A hybrid is a good guess.

The vietnamese peppers I am used to are upright, like puriras or tabascos.

Jalapeno? Maybe. It is possibly the most prevelant pepper. Save some seeds! I would love some.

How is the heat?

I have three plants with 6 peppers so far
I also have the original seeds from that lady
don't know anything about heat or taste yet ...
in month or so send me e-mail I will send you some seeds or if you want the seeds from last year you are welcome
I should remove first flowers to let the plants grow bigger!!!

The shape is pretty unusual. Was the old lady living here in the states? When I read this late last night, I assumed that you had travelled out of the country. Then again, I shouldn't assume that you are from the USA!

Where was she?

cheezydemon said:
The shape is pretty unusual. Was the old lady living here in the states? When I read this late last night, I assumed that you had travelled out of the country. Then again, I shouldn't assume that you are from the USA!

Where was she?

She is living here in USA but don't speak English

I've seen a very similar looking pepper in the korean market down the road. I couldn't tell you what it is called cuz I can't read korean :(

Found these at the local market:

Supposedly they're all the same pepper, so it varies in shape and size. the smallest one is 7".
Don't know why, but the upper one reminded me of yours. don't have exact name of the chile, but the different shapes and sizes tell me it's a type of cross.

OK a little update on mystery pepper
Taste sweat almost no heat but good taste,heat very weak,I feel it in the back of mouth,
also see section ,seeds ,maybe this will help to name the nameless pepper

Picture339.jpg

Picture335.jpg

Picture337.jpg

I did sent my wife to the fruit market and she brought back Jalapeno I immediately consume one and it was different taste and lot's more heat,heat was mostly around lips not back of mouth like the mystery pepper ,Jalapeno felt like lots of small needles ,the mystery was very tasty

I have no clue as to what your chile is. but, I dont know if you know about CCN well they have a decent search engine for chiles, check it out. it may help you or it may not because they dont have every chile. but its worth a try - you can punch in color, size of pod,etc...

www.chileplants.com

also thechileman has another site for finding chiles, BUT IMO his search engine is garbage!!! because what good is it if you dont know the name or species of chiles it is ! & to search through heat levels to find that certain chile you're looking for would take forever!
but otherwise his site has good info on chiles just that the search engine sucks!

Back