• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

help very bumpy leaves!!

hi
what should i feed it ??
it is lacking calcium >?? i have been putting a calcium plus organic fert. ( 5-10-10)
i am not sure what dosage to use for my plant. the dose indication is for roses only. please help.

p1030322s.jpg

looks healthy to me. so those were grown first indoors under lights, right? i've had similar things happen to my seedlings. they'll grow out of it. =D

but i'm still a noob. so let's wait what others think.

Mine have leaves like that, they are growing quite large but the three that are like this flower then drop.
Not sure if there is a connection, but as to the nutrient question the other plants get exactly the same ferts soil watering and they are mostly fine.

Looks generally very healthy to me, though I see some leaf curl too. I've never been able to cure leaf curl, so I just live with it. Lay off the nutes, give it water and sunshine.

Remember we can and do baby them to death. +1 lay off the nutes and just water when the leaves droop and plenty of sunshine. They will make a full recovery.

Charles

looks healthy to me. so those were grown first indoors under lights, right? i've had similar things happen to my seedlings. they'll grow out of it. =D

but i'm still a noob. so let's wait what others think.
hi

the plant was never grown indoors under light. it was in my car porch for a month then i decided to put it under the sun because the growth was very slow. it boosted 2 inches after i put it under the sun. :)

Mine have leaves like that, they are growing quite large but the three that are like this flower then drop.
Not sure if there is a connection, but as to the nutrient question the other plants get exactly the same ferts soil watering and they are mostly fine.
i was thinking calcium deff.

Looks generally very healthy to me, though I see some leaf curl too. I've never been able to cure leaf curl, so I just live with it. Lay off the nutes, give it water and sunshine.

Remember we can and do baby them to death. +1 lay off the nutes and just water when the leaves droop and plenty of sunshine. They will make a full recovery.

Charles
you are thinking too much nutes ?? hmmmm i did not put much just a general 8-8-8 organic fert. and calcium + 5-10-10 in 1 week interval.

I had this problem with some plants this year and concluded that it was probably too much nutes. There is no sign of fertilizer burn at the tips of the leaves on yours so I am hesitant to think that. If I were you I would lay off the ferts and spray with a solution of CaCl in case it is either one. Less ferts will not end up hurting your plant. As we like to say, chiles will grow just fine on their own without any type of fertilizer. I choose CaCl to make a solution just for the fact that it's the easiest for me to use and I have it on hand. I mix 1 tablespoon per gallon of warm water and spray it all over the plant. Seems to help with bumpy leaves. Almost all my chinense plants had bumpy leaves earlier in the season, though not quite the leaf curl except in Orange Habs, but it disappeared and they never came back.

I had this problem with some plants this year and concluded that it was probably too much nutes. There is no sign of fertilizer burn at the tips of the leaves on yours so I am hesitant to think that. If I were you I would lay off the ferts and spray with a solution of CaCl in case it is either one. Less ferts will not end up hurting your plant. As we like to say, chiles will grow just fine on their own without any type of fertilizer. I choose CaCl to make a solution just for the fact that it's the easiest for me to use and I have it on hand. I mix 1 tablespoon per gallon of warm water and spray it all over the plant. Seems to help with bumpy leaves. Almost all my chinense plants had bumpy leaves earlier in the season, though not quite the leaf curl except in Orange Habs, but it disappeared and they never came back.
CACL => calcium chloride powder ? where do you usually find that ??? at nurseries ?

CACL => calcium chloride powder ? where do you usually find that ??? at nurseries ?

You should contact kiddc because he's in Malaysia also. He'll be able to help you find what you need because his plants are doing very well.

And by the way; your plant looks just fine. Don't be too quick to apply stuff you don't need. This is not a perfect world and plants don't usually look picture perfect; the proof is in the eating. Cheers.

You can just get some calcium supplements from the chemists or supermarket. that'll do the job. I always grind extra calcium into my soil this way. It really helps. I do about 6 tablets per 1.5 litres of soil. works well, never had any leaf problems after starting that.

Yes it is, and I actually get it from a homebrewing shop since I also brew beer, and use it to adjust mineral content in brewing water. This is really the only reason which I use it, just because I have it on hand.

There are different available sources of calcium from the nursery. I would recommend adding some bonemeal for long term calcium release if you think your soil is lacking. But the CaCl if you can find it would be more of an instant problem solver. Not too sure what else is available for use as a spray, perhaps someone else here might.

hi

i got garden lime ... can that be used as well ???

i used it for my carpet grass. :)

but i don't know what will be dosage to use for a small plant..

if you're anal about your pH levels, get a pH tester. i don't really worry about mine too much coz i pretty much try to grow organically.

here's a link on garden lime:

garden lime

You should contact kiddc because he's in Malaysia also. He'll be able to help you find what you need because his plants are doing very well.

And by the way; your plant looks just fine. Don't be too quick to apply stuff you don't need. This is not a perfect world and plants don't usually look picture perfect; the proof is in the eating. Cheers.

thanks ...AjarnV

You can just get some calcium supplements from the chemists or supermarket. that'll do the job. I always grind extra calcium into my soil this way. It really helps. I do about 6 tablets per 1.5 litres of soil. works well, never had any leaf problems after starting that.

thanks for the idea. i am wondering what is your tablets sizes? :) i got a 600mg tab. calcium supp. ( 6* 600 = 3.6 g )...
Yes it is, and I actually get it from a homebrewing shop since I also brew beer, and use it to adjust mineral content in brewing water. This is really the only reason which I use it, just because I have it on hand.

There are different available sources of calcium from the nursery. I would recommend adding some bonemeal for long term calcium release if you think your soil is lacking. But the CaCl if you can find it would be more of an instant problem solver. Not too sure what else is available for use as a spray, perhaps someone else here might.
thANK Roadhouse... i keep that in mind.

if you're anal about your pH levels, get a pH tester. i don't really worry about mine too much coz i pretty much try to grow organically.

here's a link on garden lime:

garden lime
i have a ph tester....( that got me in trouble the last time!! killed my plant!)

hehehe..

yesterday i found spider mites and aphids together under the leaves hidden in the bumps of the leaves !!!!!!

i wonder they can cause leaves to become bumps like that ??

i have been noticing circular white dots under the leaves . what are those??

sorry no photos.. my fingers quickly squashes them up...always.. uncontrolled reaction. :) hehe

learned my lesson from last time... cannot let this go by have to take drastic actions fast.!!

yesterday i found spider mites and aphids together under the leaves hidden in the bumps of the leaves !!!!!!

i wonder they can cause leaves to become bumps like that ??

i have been noticing circular white dots under the leaves . what are those??

sorry no photos.. my fingers quickly squashes them up...always.. uncontrolled reaction. :) hehe

learned my lesson from last time... cannot let this go by have to take drastic actions fast.!!

quite possibly, yes. aphids make my pepper plants' leaves curled up and wrinkly.

spray and kill 'em asap. those things'll spread really fast. the moment i find little webs that aren't from spiders i spray my plants with a vengeance. i hate having to spray my plants with insecticide but i have yet to find an organic solution in my part of the world that can fix my pest problems. not a lot of choices out here. which sucks. no miticide or pesticide that's organic and mild enough to not hurt my plants here. =(

rain pretty much washes away my applications every time which exposes me to pesticides more than normal.

quite possibly, yes. aphids make my pepper plants' leaves curled up and wrinkly.

spray and kill 'em asap. those things'll spread really fast. the moment i find little webs that aren't from spiders i spray my plants with a vengeance. i hate having to spray my plants with insecticide but i have yet to find an organic solution in my part of the world that can fix my pest problems. not a lot of choices out here. which sucks. no miticide or pesticide that's organic and mild enough to not hurt my plants here. =(

rain pretty much washes away my applications every time which exposes me to pesticides more than normal.
yeah you are right... no organic solution here tooo:( i was trying soap solution ,i even found 100% neem oil.... i did a mixture which didn't work either. i have a neem plant that is constantly being attacked by insects and ants!! they don't let it grow!!

White circles sound like spiralling white fly. Get rid of them asap. Once they settle in you won't get rid of them.

Back