• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Help? Whats wrong with these plants?

A few of my plants are having some issues, any thoughts/ideas/identification would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Looks like something is munching on this.
IMG_20120818_190928.jpg

IMG_20120818_190922.jpg

#2 Some spots showing up on the leaves of a baby bhut jolokia.
IMG_20120819_173741.jpg

#3 Purpling on the leaves of a baby moruga.
IMG_20120819_173724.jpg

#4 Yellowing on datil.
IMG_20120819_173659-1.jpg

The babies are all bottom watered every other day, no ferts as of yet. They have spent the last 2 months in Jungle Growth potting mix. They have been fanned for the last week straight, and the stems are MUCH stronger now. They have been under 4 6500K CFL's since birth, which I replaced with a 4' 2 bulb T8 fixture 3-4 days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I moved the lights up a bit, so hopefully I won't sunburn anything else. Anyone have ideas on the other pictures?

Your first picture makes me think of something like a hornworm, but in that case I believe the damage would be much worse. That said, I have seen hornworms jump ship, lazily gnawing on one thing, then moving on to tear something else up. Also, as big as hornworms are, they aren't always easy to spot.

Your second picture is a little hard to make out, but if that white spot on the side is smooth, it might be sunscald - a different issue than whatever is chewing on the stem. If the pepper was also under low lights like your babies, that might fit.

Back