• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with disease ID

Just noticed a few plants with this on them, must have happened within the past week. The bumps are mostly contained on the leaves, but I discarded one plant that had them throughout the stalk.

33f3693d516a606aeeae9aa036b2c37f.jpg
089d313590671619be5504e67a209f53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackFatalii said:
Looks like thrips damage to me.
From looking into damage from thrips it’s looking like the Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus they spread. *cries in silence*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't really look like a virus to me. The silvery patches are damage from the thrips sucking juices out of the leaves. The black spots are thrip poop. 

They can spread quickly, so I would get after them right away. I have found pyrethrin to be effective against thrips. I would consider removing heavily damaged leaves, since they are probably the most infested areas, then spray down the rest of the plant. Repeat as needed. Thrips are tiny and hard to see, so you may want to check under magnification to ensure that your treatment is effective.

BlackFatalii said:
It doesn't really look like a virus to me. The silvery patches are damage from the thrips sucking juices out of the leaves. The black spots are thrip poop. 

They can spread quickly, so I would get after them right away. I have found pyrethrin to be effective against thrips. I would consider removing heavily damaged leaves, since they are probably the most infested areas, then spray down the rest of the plant. Repeat as needed. Thrips are tiny and hard to see, so you may want to check under magnification to ensure that your treatment is effective.
Thrips are such a pain, but yeah thats def thrip poop

Azamax is my personal favorite, but if you use it too much, they will develop tolerances. So I would alternate with something else. My 2 cents

Back