• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help with Identifying Leaf Issues?

Hi all,

Being that this is my first pepper-growing season, I'm not too sure what's going on with the chile foliage on some of my plants. I'd love help identifying the problems and would really appreciate any information on how to fix it.

For this picture, I noticed some of the new leaves were coming in all curly and wrinkly. I read some other forum posts and believe the plants are suffering from a lack of calcium. Does that seem right?

To try and correct the wrinkly leaves problem, I gave the plants 1/2 teaspoon of Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed Tomatoes, Fruits and Vegetables Continuous Release Plant Food Plus Calcium. The lesions in the pic below developed on some of the foliage soon afterwards. Is this fertilizer burn?

Lastly, I found a small, green caterpillar/worm on the undersides of one of the leaves. I believe this bug ate the holes I found in the last photo. Are my plants in danger of dying if some of the leaves have holes in them?

Thanks so much for any replies!

The plant won't die from holes in the leaves (unless the whole plant was stripped bare by the caterpillars and stressed majorly)

The new leaves coming in like that suggest a broad mite problem. Holes in the leaves isn't an issue. The white part looks like it could be a severe sunburn caused by water droplets and the sun. Do you water the plants in the sun?

Best of luck to ya.

The new leaves coming in like that suggest a broad mite problem. Holes in the leaves isn't an issue. The white part looks like it could be a severe sunburn caused by water droplets and the sun. Do you water the plants in the sun?

Best of luck to ya.

Thanks for your reply. Are mites visible? I know I've seen some aphids and that stupid caterpillar/worm thing, but nothing else. Do you know if Neem oil works on mites?

And no, I don't water the plants in the sun... I usually water in the evening when the sun goes down.

Back