• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with Jonah 7 pot

Hi guys,

I'm really new to growing chillis and I've got a small crop growing this year, I've noticed that over the last few days my Jonah 7 pot leaves have been looking like this:

Sorry the photos won't upload but the leaves at the top are yellow and look like they have a slight scale on them, any ideas?

Heya Ali, can you upload the image to imgur.com and post the link? It would be easier to get help if people could see what was going on. You don't have to make an account, just drag the image onto your browser after opening imgur.com.

Thanks filmost ill do that this morning, I've got some great pods on the Jonah but It's looking a little sad, images to follow

Ok and here are the pics

cKiIhGN.jpg

uVXmnzk.jpg

Also just a quick one one feeds, what feed / liquid fertiliser is bet for chillis, I live in perth WA and have been using seasol but I think the plants could benefit from a feed.

And they're looking even more yellow today, I've been watering the plant a fair bit since I got it so I'll back off on the watering and see if things improve

I was going to say, it looks like possible over watering. Try giving it some nitrogen (next time you do water) if you aren't giving it any ferts.

AlimacOz - I did the same in my first few weeks this year... "over watered".

Also, those white patches look like mine did where water droplets on the leaves get scolded by the sun.  Not sure when you water, but try for first thing in the morning and be careful not to splash the leaves.  Our sun in Perth is so unforgiving it will burn the leaves if they are damp.

Thanks guys I'll let it wilt before giving it more water, I need some advice about ferts too, all I've got at the moment is seasol and powerfeed, I've been using a combination of those two but what is the best fert for chilli?

Back