Help with posting vids, please?

I thought there used to be a youtube button but this works now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5we2rAggjas[/youtube]

Just paste the video link between those two youtube tags & it shows up like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5we2rAggjas[/youtube]

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You can just post the YouTube link and it auto posts without the code. 

Doesn't work for me, usually end up having to add the tags to get it to embed. Otherwise it just shows up as a link.

The only way I got it to work was to post it as a link then "unlink" it. Use to copy it from the clipboard and it worked just fine but not anymore.

But what I meant about the sound was that any video I try to see, from reviews, to "what are you listening to right now", to--- anything else--- there is no sound and not even a volume slider...it has disappeared.

Usually you see the boss say "clear your cache" or some other solution.

I was hoping this was a common problem with a simple solution.

PepperDaddler said:
The only way I got it to work was to post it as a link then "unlink" it. Use to copy it from the clipboard and it worked just fine but not anymore.

But what I meant about the sound was that any video I try to see, from reviews, to "what are you listening to right now", to--- anything else--- there is no sound and not even a volume slider...it has disappeared.

Usually you see the boss say "clear your cache" or some other solution.

I was hoping this was a common problem with a simple solution.

What browser are you using? And can you open the page in a different one & see if you have the same problem?

IE9

No other browser. This is the only site this happens on. I may have to start a thread dedicated to this question because I think  people see the video posting title and just skip right over it knowing its most likely answered already.

Some browsers grab the whole link and not just the text, so when posting your link, paste as plain text. Right click your mouse.

Thank you THP.

Could be the problem, when it copies it copies directly as a link. Unlinking works but I will try what you said.
I updated flash player and cleared cache, did not help with sound. Dont know whats going on there but I will keep trying. Its just kind of hard to watch reviews with no sound.

Again, thank you for your replies.

Back