• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

help! Yellow leaves ... I mean REALLY yellow leaves

Greetings,
I have about 45 plants. 35 of them are doing great, but about 10 of them are showing some serious yellowing on the leaves, especially the new leaves. If anyone can tell me what's going on here, I'd really appreciate it. I just misted them with some epsom salt, which is why they're wet in the pics. They're about 7 weeks old, 4" pots in Pro Mix, been fertilized twice with fish emulsion, and got some bonemeal 2 weeks ago. I think I might have overwatered them last week? I feel like I need to do something to help these guys, but I don't know what to do!

002-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-11.jpg

011-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

Overwatering will definitely do that. Let the leaves wilt just a tad before you water again, and keep that up.

i'm new to this but i am dealing with the same problem, not as bad though. mine was being caused by really high nitrogen levels... maybe your problem as well.

Howdy they deff look yellow lol and wet do you bottom water the tops should stay dry like that 3rd pic they can really go awhile without water and like it that way
heres some info for ya good luck with yer lil guys.

Plant Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms

Macronutrients
Calcium (Ca) •Symptoms: New leaves are distorted or hook shaped. The growing tip may die. Contributes to blossom end rot in tomatoes, tip burn of cabbage and brown/black heart of escarole & celery.
•Sources: Any compound containing the word 'calcium'. Also gypsum.
•Notes: Not often a deficiency problem and too much will inhibit other nutrients.

Nitrogen (N) •Symptoms: Older leaves, generally at the bottom of the plant, will yellow. Remaining foliage is often light green. Stems may also yellow and may become spindly. Growth slows.
•Sources: Any compound containing the words: 'nitrate', 'ammonium' or 'urea'. Also manure.
•Notes: Many forms of nitrogen are water soluble and wash away.

Magnesium (Mg) •Symptoms: Slow growth and leaves turn pale yellow, sometimes just on the outer edges. New growth may be yellow with dark spots.
•Sources: Compounds containing the word 'magnesium', such as Epson Salts.

Phosphorus (P) •Symptoms: Small leaves that may take on a reddish-purple tint. Leaf tips can look burnt and older leaves become almost black. Reduced fruit or seed production.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'phosphate' or 'bone'. Also greensand.
•Notes: Very dependent on pH range.

Potassium (K) •Symptoms: Older leaves may look scorched around the edges and/or wilted. Interveinal chlorosis (yellowing between the leaf veins) develops.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'potassium' or 'potash'.

Sulfur (S) •Symptoms: New growth turns pale yellow, older growth stays green. Stunts growth.
•Sources: Compounds containing the word 'sulfate'.
•Notes: More prevalent in dry weather.

Micronutrients
Boron (B) •Symptoms: Poor stem and root growth. Terminal (end) buds may die. Witches brooms sometimes form.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'borax' or 'borate'.

Copper (Cu) •Symptoms: Stunted growth. Leaves can become limp, curl, or drop. Seed stalks also become limp and bend over.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'copper', 'cupric' or 'cuprous'.

Manganese (Mn) •Symptoms: Growth slows. Younger leaves turn pale yellow, often starting between veins. May develop dark or dead spots. Leaves, shoots and fruit diminished in size. Failure to bloom.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'manganese' or 'manganous'

Molybdenum (Mo) •Symptoms: Older leaves yellow, remaining foliage turns light green. Leaves can become narrow and distorted.
•Sources: Compounds containing the words 'molybdate' or 'molybdic'.
•Notes: Sometimes confused with nitrogen deficiency.

Zinc (Zn) •Symptoms: Yellowing between veins of new growth. Terminal (end) leaves may form a rosette.
•Sources: Compounds containing the word 'zinc'.
•Notes: Can become limited in higher pH.

Flush well with neutral ph water, final water with 1/2 strength ferts & epsom salts about 1 Tbsp to 4 litres(1 gal) water.

You could just switch out the soil if you think you overwatered them. Especially if it's in that small of a pot. Or let it dry cuz it may have locked the nutrients out if the soil is sopping wet.

Howdy they deff look yellow lol and wet do you bottom water the tops should stay dry like that 3rd pic they can really go awhile without water and like it that way
heres some info for ya good luck with yer lil guys.

Plant Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms

Macronutrients/Micronutrients

All good to know, thanks!!

Back