• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Help!

Hey guys,
I am a bit concerned over the look of a few of my plants. What also worries me is that I have been going from plant to plant squashing aphids. So, I possibly could have spread something to all my plants. But anyway here are some shots of what is going on.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Maybe some sorta nutrient issue- or water? How's the water out their anyway- acidic or alkaline? Could chlorine be an issue? Wish I could help, but it doesn't look like a virus or anything to me. Plants still look good right now though.

could be you are fertilizing to much try adding some epsome salt to your watering it doesnt look like the aphids damaged much -- have you sprayed for them ?

They look pretty good to me other than some leaf curl. I don't know what causes that for sure, but a few of my plants had it and grew out of it. The new leaves didn't curl, the old ones that were curled stayed that way. You might have to wait for the experts to chime in.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the input. I picked up some epsom salts on the way home today but have a few questions. If I recall, the mixture is 1 tablespoon epsom to a gallon of water? When is the best time to apply the foliar spray?

Josh said:
Hey guys,
Thanks for the input. I picked up some epsom salts on the way home today but have a few questions. If I recall, the mixture is 1 tablespoon epsom to a gallon of water? When is the best time to apply the foliar spray?

Spray in the morning or at night, or the leaves will be closed to prevent transperation.

Spray the tops AND bottoms, I do this every two weeks for plants that need it.

You should see some results in two days or so.

LUCKYDOG said:
could be you are fertilizing to much try adding some epsome salt to your watering it doesnt look like the aphids damaged much -- have you sprayed for them ?

I think you are right with the epsom salts. They haven't been fertilized much at all because it has been raining every few days. I dilute foxfarms liquid concentrate so without me watering they haven't received fertilizer.
I have not sprayed or used any products to kill the aphids. I have simply been squishing them with my fingers. I may have to bump things up and pick up some lady bugs.

RichardK said:
Spray in the morning or at night, or the leaves will be closed to prevent transperation.

Spray the tops AND bottoms, I do this every two weeks for plants that need it.

You should see some results in two days or so.

Thanks.

I think that your plants are fine...they are just transitioning to the great outdoors on a full time basis. After about 5 weeks they have a totally different look than when they were indoors. Beat-up a tad, leaves not as green, the older large leaves may develop tears or be felled by wind, etc., etc., etc. They may not look anything like the beautiful specimens that you grew and then put outside at the beginning of spring. Nonetheless, they are growing stronger, thriving, and by July 4th they will be quadruple the size!!!!

If you are concerned about the "greenness" of the leaves, I'd hit 'em with a heavy feed (3 teaspons per gallon) of Grow Big this weekend.

PeteyPepper said:
I think that your plants are fine...they are just transitioning to the great outdoors on a full time basis. After about 5 weeks they have a totally different look than when they were indoors. Beat-up a tad, leaves not as green, the older large leaves may develop tears or be felled by wind, etc., etc., etc. They may not look anything like the beautiful specimens that you grew and then put outside at the beginning of spring. Nonetheless, they are growing stronger, thriving, and by July 4th they will be quadruple the size!!!!

If you are concerned about the "greenness" of the leaves, I'd hit 'em with a heavy feed (3 teaspons per gallon) of Grow Big this weekend.

Hey Pete,
My plants got pretty beat up last season when I put them out. I guess my real concern was that it might be a virus or something along those lines. It wasn't that they lightened up but that some of the leaves lightened unevenly. I guess I am just a lot more paranoid since I have seen the devastation that TX and some of the others have had.

They are looking pretty fine Josh.If I have to hand water I usually add the epsom's salts.Just keep squishing those buggers they will be big and flowering in no time!

scoville said:
They are looking pretty fine Josh.If I have to hand water I usually add the epsom's salts.Just keep squishing those buggers they will be big and flowering in no time!

Thanks Tony. Hopefully the epsom salts and time will fix the problem. The rest have new growth sprouting up all over. In 2 more weeks things should be looking good.

Back