• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hemi Hot Sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Hemi Hot Sauce
Company:
Kato Productions, Inc.
www.katoproductions.com
TheHotPepper Member:
kato
Listed Ingredients:
Fresh scotch bonnet peppers, carrots, fresh garlic, vinegar.
Label/Packaging:
Bottle sent without label.
Heat Index:

This is Kato's brand new sauce, named after their new chocolate lab, Hemi! From what I hear, Hemi doesn't like to eat habs like Kato did... maybe they will grow on him.

This sauce is so new, there was no label. Just a clear bottle with bright orange ingredients. I unscrewed the cap and took a whiff... garlic! Wow! I was eating the Cuban dish ropa vieja and decided to pour it on! It really kicked up the dish to where I wanted it, and the flavors worked perfectly. Ropa vieja has it's own sauce, so I needed to taste it by itself. I could really taste the carrot, and there's even little bits of carrot. The consistency is as if you pulsed it in a food processor, well, just a bit smoother than that. Lots of garlic! Yum. Not vinegary at all. Heat is there, but not super hot. Enough to satisy the chilihead looking for fresh flavors. Springtime is the perfect time for this sauce. It's fresh and simple.

Congrats on another success!

Attachments

• hemiropa.jpg
    hemiropa.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 201
I also received a sample of Kato's Down South Hot Sauce. It's a very similar sauce... same ingredients, minus the garlic. They taste very different. The Down South is hotter and has more of a scotch bonnet flavor. I guess the garlic in the Hemi hides some of that scotch bonnet flavor and takes up some space where peppers (heat) would be. Both great, choose your weapon wisely. If you like garlic, go with Hemi. Scotch bonnet flavor, Down South.

I will add rave reviews for the Hemi Sauce. It has a great flavor and is not to hot. The garlic is a nice touch. I will be trying it on a few more dishes in the future. Great Sauce.

A great sauce. I also taste tested it and wrote about here. I used 1/4 bottle today on a Garlic Chicken meal I heated up. Fabulous! On my second helping, I used Down South. It also went well with the meal, but added some heat to it. Minus the garlic flavor. Loved it that way too.
Kato's has some Great sauces. I highly reccomend them.

I got the four sauce crate the other week. I adore the island sauce, and love the cajun especially. I was not sure about the hemi, but had it on a risotto the other day, and it was really, really good. For some reason, tasting it on my finger, I didn't register any heat. I told Mrs Shooty this, so she had some on her risotto, then was less than happy when the heat hit her, and boy, was there some heat there.

A++

I have liked all of Kato's sauces, but the Hemi with all that garlic flavor is a close favorite with the island sauce.
I eat the Hemi on everything and am currently finishing my 3rd bottle.
Marv

Back