• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Here's what I'm currently growing. What should I add?

Personnaly you should add some lower heat pepper to share the love to friends and family...

i suggest you those good all around peppers:

Aji Lemon (and spinoff)
Espelette
Cayenne
Jalapeno (biker billy should be the hottest)
Red Hot paper lantern
Thai Bird's eye pepper

this way you will be fully load to cook nice dish and share the heat to friends!

You do realize I was funnin' with you right?

I thought that your suggestion of blue peppers was a serious suggestion, just as serious as my idea of growing platinum and/or uranium peppers. Are you saying that Blue Scorpions don't exist?!!! Next you'll be telling me that my Platinum & Uranium Scorpions are figments of my imagination :P

Seriously though, I do love jalapenos and non-supers. There's a local nursery which has a relatively impressive selection of non-supers. I was thinking that I'd go there this April/May and pick out a few varieties just to conserve space in my grow room.

Unfortunately there are no local markets which sell supers. With regards to Choc Bhut versus Choc Scorp, I was hoping to get some feedback on which is more productive, hot and flavorful. I'm looking for variety in my super hot grow list. To that end I'd like to add another Chocolate variety. At the moment I intend to grow:

1) Giant Yellow Bhut
2) Bahamian Goat
3) Peach Bhut

I'm trying to pick another variety or two (or maybe three) to round things out.

I don't think any of those three listed would be considered superhots, maybe the Peach Bhut. It would depend upon what the Bhut was crossed with to get the color/flavor.

I've grown both choco BJ/TS and each one has been about the same as far as production. Heat wise they're both all over the scale. Growing conditions have the greatest effect on heat level. I have all kinds of seeds of both if you want some, just shoot me a PM.

The Giant Yellow Bhut was I am assuming a cross between my Giant Red Bhut and a Yellow Bhut. As for a super hot, once they burn to a certain level very hard to tell beyond that...I can tell you it was Bhut hot.

I agree with you on that Joyner. Once they get past Habanero heat it's all the same to me. Your assumption on the cross makes perfect sense to me.

I don't think any of those three listed would be considered superhots, maybe the Peach Bhut. It would depend upon what the Bhut was crossed with to get the color/flavor.

I've grown both choco BJ/TS and each one has been about the same as far as production. Heat wise they're both all over the scale. Growing conditions have the greatest effect on heat level. I have all kinds of seeds of both if you want some, just shoot me a PM.

As of now it looks like the Bahamian Goat and Fatalli will be the only non-super hots that I'll start in my grow room. I really appreciate the info regarding the Choc Bhut v. Scorp. I also really appreciate your seed offer. That's extremely generous of you. I actually have seeds for both already. I think I'll do the Scorpion as I'm already looking at the red, peach and giant yellow bhuts.

As of now it looks like the Bahamian Goat and Fatalli will be the only non-super hots that I'll start in my grow room. I really appreciate the info regarding the Choc Bhut v. Scorp. I also really appreciate your seed offer. That's extremely generous of you. I actually have seeds for both already. I think I'll do the Scorpion as I'm already looking at the red, peach and giant yellow bhuts.
really good choices. While neither are superhot they are both extremely tasty! ..and plenty hot as well!

really good choices. While neither are superhot they are both extremely tasty! ..and plenty hot as well!

Thanks!

I've decided on adding:

1) Giant Yellow Bhut
2) Peach Bhut
3) Chocolate Scorpion
4) Bahamian Goat Pepper

Adding those 4 is manageable considering my space constraints. With a little difficulty I could make room for a 5th were I convinced that another particular strain was a "must have".

No wilds or Bonnets on your list...if you could get your hands on either they would be great additions. The Bonnets are great all around peppers plenty hot but not over the top...and the small wilds are fun to snack on each time you go out plus you can keep it in a smaller pot until plant out space wise. Your list looks as solid as it can be with the species listed though.I really like what you've chosen thus far!

No wilds or Bonnets on your list...if you could get your hands on either they would be great additions. The Bonnets are great all around peppers plenty hot but not over the top...and the small wilds are fun to snack on each time you go out plus you can keep it in a smaller pot until plant out space wise. Your list looks as solid as it can be with the species listed though.I really like what you've chosen thus far!

What Scotch Bonnet strain (s) would you recommend?

im sure yo uwill have too much SUPER HOT that you wont even be able to eat....

you should pack some low heat peppers (50K scoville and under) to have at least something to eat and cook with...

Even though you will have more than you will ever be able to use, give some to family members or your friends that loves some spice in their foods... I gave away fresh pods to family members and to friends explaining to them that these peppers are not like your typical Hab in fact they are hotter so be careful when you do use them... Gave several scorpion plants and 7 pod plants away as well, just to see how those plants would fair against the ones i was growing this past season. I have noticed when i planted store bought plants that they didn't get to big in height compared to ones ive grown from seeds.. Best of luck to your grow this Season Captain C.

Back