Hey from West Texas

I just started growing peppers this year and this site helped a lot. Now that I am trying to figure out what to grow next year I figured I would join and ask. Looking forward to all the pepper knowledge.

hello from Pa :welcome:  :fireball:

i suppose the best advice i can give about what to grow would be this

what is your tolerance leval and how brave and willing you are to increase said tolerance??, its best to ask questions about heat level to start

your from Texas so im gonna guess you eat alot of Jalapenos and maybe pequin and Chiletepin, Chiletepin being the hottest of the three, if you have already graduated to habaneros your off to a great start
let a knowledgable person know the hottest pepper you have tried and you can go from there

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
hello from Pa :welcome:  :fireball:

i suppose the best advice i can give about what to grow would be this

what is your tolerance leval and how brave and willing you are to increase said tolerance??, its best to ask questions about heat level to start

your from Texas so im gonna guess you eat alot of Jalapenos and maybe pequin and Chiletepin, Chiletepin being the hottest of the three, if you have already graduated to habaneros your off to a great start
let a knowledgable person know the hottest pepper you have tried and you can go from there

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks Joe, 

This year the hottest thing I grew was serrano. I have been working on my tolerance level, I ordered a mixed box from Judy at pepperlover and I am working through that box now. Hardest part is trying to figure out what kind of peppers they are besides the heat, lol. I think I have over 13 different types of peppers from pepperlover so hopefully I will find something that I like enough to grow next year. Any suggests are welcomed. 
Thanks
Tony

Welcome from central Texas.

Take a pic of the pods you have left from Judy. If there is something in those that you like the taste of, we can help you ID the pod probably. Surely there is something in Judy's box hotter than a Serrano!
Good Luck
Mike

capsidadburn said:
Welcome from central Texas.

Take a pic of the pods you have left from Judy. If there is something in those that you like the taste of, we can help you ID the pod probably. Surely there is something in Judy's box hotter than a Serrano!
Good Luck
Mike
All I have tried so far are way way hotter than a Serrano Lol. I have a few pics of some peppers in the pepper Id section.

WxTony said:
Thanks Joe, 

This year the hottest thing I grew was serrano. I have been working on my tolerance level, I ordered a mixed box from Judy at pepperlover and I am working through that box now. Hardest part is trying to figure out what kind of peppers they are besides the heat, lol. I think I have over 13 different types of peppers from pepperlover so hopefully I will find something that I like enough to grow next year. Any suggests are welcomed. 
Thanks
Tony
yiour welcome best thing to do here is take some pics and post them on the pepper id thread, also the abvious on save seeeds from the pods you liked best

thanks your friend Joe

Back