• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hey guys

Hey guys anyone know what I could use to treat aphids have no chemicals or anything is there an alternative way to treat

rickster said:
i use lemon scented joy dish soap mixed with water in a spray bottle

This. Just be careful with the dish soap. Just a drop or two. Too much in the water can burn your plants. Ask me how I know.
BTW, dish soap is still a chemical, as is water. You're never going to be able to get away from using chemicals on your plants.

chiltepin said:
Just bought a gallon of this on Amazon Prime, will be delivered tomorrow. I've read a lot about it but never tried it. It seemed to get good feedback so I'm giving it a shot.

I buy ladybugs and or aphid lions. I enclose the area with shade cloth / netting to keep the lady bugs and green lacewings around. 

Saw a guy on a video that mixed 100% Cold Pressed Neem oil with Azadirachtin in it, then mixed just enough Dawn dish soap til the neem oil sank off the top of the water, shook it well and used to spray plants with(think he used roughly 2 Tsp in a liter of water and just enough dawn to make the oil sink).  He went through a whole talk about how it needs the Azadirachtin in it and how a lot of companies seperate it so they can sell you another product to use also. 

Like everyone else, I use a variation of dish soap in water. A few drops of dish soap, a tablespoon of cooking oil, water and shake well in a spray bottle. One thing to note is that is far and away better to spray at dusk, so the plants don`t get any sun or heat. It stops any issues with the new plant growth getting burned.

Back