• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hey Stillmanz

Hey I was looking at your website and saw your Mango, Paw Paw, and Habanero Sauce. Interesting sounding sauce but 1 question what is a Paw Paw and what type of flavor does it have?

I read that the Paw Paw is native to North America but I have never heard of it nor have I seen it in any stores. I was just curious about it.

It a sensational sauce and one that is always in my fridge......Not large heat but wonderful flavour. I'll never be without it.....:)

We have PawPaws growing in the wild in Ohio. I think they taste like a mix between a Pear and a Bannana and are a great fruit.

Taken from Wikipedia: The fruit is a large edible berry, 5 to 16 cm long and 3 to 7 cm broad, weighing from 20 to 500 g, with numerous seeds; it is green when unripe, maturing to yellow or brown. It has a flavor somewhat similar to both banana and mango, varying significantly by cultivar, and has more protein than most fruits.

Here is the full link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawpaw

OK Pepperfreak.......growing in the wild here in Ohio??

I have never seen one...Now I am on a quest to find them!!!!! I have several different hunting grounds around Medina County and also down by Mohican (I know where the Ginsing grows around there).....Do you know where they grow at??

ring sting said:
Ohio? I thought paw paw (papaya) was a tropical fruit. Go figure..

BTW the sauce is good.

Well, what you Aussie guys call paw paw(papaya) is a tropical fruit, however the paw paw here(which isnt a papaya or even related to it at all, BTW) is not.

Back