Hi All

Hi there everyone.

My name is Tony but you will see mas as tony05.

I live in australia........i grow lots of hot chillis, brew award winning beer and love to cook anything and everything on my BBQ so this is the site for me.

Thanks to Slillmanz for pointing the site out :party:

anyway... on with it!

cheers

Welcome from Fort Worth

Oh no! Not another Australian! I'm telling ya it's a regular infestation!

Welcome anyway, Tony, from the other side of the world.

Welcome from England Tony, I believe we've already met somewhere else.

Pam said:
Oh no! Not another Australian! I'm telling ya it's a regular infestation!

I know what you mean Pam, they're everywhere! But you gotta love 'em.

Oh no not another beer brewer!!! Just kidding. With the magical pairing of beer and hot peppers, there should be more of us here!

Welcome!

Are brewing supplies readily available there? I am planning to grow my own hops this year.

WOW

What a warm welcome.... thanks folks.

I really get the feeling i will like it here!.

and yeah another rotton Aussie...... but we do have our charms!

Yeah i made it Stillmanz..... thanks for the pointer!

Some asked what chillis i grow. I curently have several Naga Jolokia (the long thin Indian PC-1) growing, a Rocoto that is almost 5 feet tall and 4 foot round with several dozen chillis forming up, a 4 foot tall goatsweed with about 70 chillis on it, just starting to turn red (and they are hot little buggers too), a bancock upright (confucions say.... man passing through airport sideways going to bancock), a mystery black upright thing that came in my back of seeds and was different to the rest so i let it grow. even the seed supplier doesnt know what it is, a chocolate hab and a red hab, and 2 orange habs that needed staking cause they were falling over with fruit.

As for the beer, i dont have any trouble getting ingredients, though the prices are going up due to the drought here. New Zealand id pumplin out some fantastic hop flowers. Everything else we get is pelletised hops. They are fantastic and very unique in their character. and cheap!

There are no boundries on my brewing...... porter, pilsner, stout, english bitters, IPA,s, Bocks, wheat beers, roggenbiers, Keolsch (i have one on tap ATM), scottich ales, rauchbiers, old ale, oktoberfest, munich dunkel....... and anything in between. I made a christmas beer for this christmas just gone with lots of xmas spice, orange, ginger ect in it. It was fantastic!.

I think im going to like it here...... i hope you dont mind me and my chatter.....us Aussies do love a good yarn!

cheers

You will love it here. Anyone who loves cooking and bbq'ing and drinking good beer and growing hot peppers will be right at home here.

My brews have ranged from Imperial stouts to IPA's to Irish stouts to A Marzen and a Helles Munich. Glad you aren't feeling the pinch! I plan on growing my own hops this coming year. I will probably start a thread on that at some point.

Back