• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hi all

DontPanic said:
The plants in your pictures look healthy with plenty of peppers.
Thank you sir. but some of my plants are sick. rotten fruit, falling flowers, and curly
34c93a2c6892b8cd211955cefc5bbe2c.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

I wish i had advice or help out something like that for you, but i don't. I just want to say, seeing the pictures of this massive-scale pepper operation is inspiring.

Good luck finding an efficient and affordable solution to your water needs!

Bicycle808 said:
I wish i had advice or help out something like that for you, but i don't. I just want to say, seeing the pictures of this massive-scale pepper operation is inspiring.

Good luck finding an efficient and affordable solution to your water needs!
thanks sir.. success for u[emoji120][emoji120]

I made a selection of good fruit for me to plant again. but I don't know how to do good f2 seeds so they can bear fruit like f1. any suggestions or references for making seed f2
d0f390c3e2a6c8d54ddc8b68d60ce521.jpg

KevinThePepperhead said:
You only grew one variety right, then f2 should be relatively the same as f1.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
should I do immersion with anti-bacterial and fungal agents

Lots of peppers there and plants in the picture are loaded as well. I don't know what is considered a good harvest for a crop that size, but looks good to me

Mr.joe said:
Lots of peppers there and plants in the picture are loaded as well. I don't know what is considered a good harvest for a crop that size, but looks good to me
thanks sir, I depend my life from the chilli harvest. every chili that is harvested is directly sold to the market

I also prepared land for 6000 seeds. but I didn't buy f1 seeds from the seed company, I would plant f2 seeds
b59aa1e8a93fa5a939ca591e964aefb8.jpg
9101f77b404d0a6ad809250f909c2988.jpg

KevinThePepperhead said:
You only grew one variety right, then f2 should be relatively the same as f1.

@ Kevin......Where do you come up with "f2 should be relatively the same as f1."? Please review Tomato Gene Basics , reading through page 2 after the heading: Now let's look what happens to the genes of the F1 hybrid population when allowed to self pollinate. Basically the F1 will provide fruit all similar to whatever gene is dominant in that cross (Brown color not red - globose not oblate - etc. And further down page 2 are the percentages of crossed genes during a "grow out" to stabilize a trait you want.

dxbBE59.jpg

Hope this helps, NECM 

But if the two parents were the same variety, the 50% inherited from both sides should be identical, making them relatively identical. Unless I'm wrong, in which case, please correct me.

Edit: So I completely forgot about recessive traits. But Thoms, depending on whether you need that exact type of pepper, you should still be fine.

Are the cost of the seeds a big component of your costs?

It may be worth your while to buy your seeds from a reliable vendor.

The F2 generation might show a high degree of variability.

On the other hand, some "hybrid" seeds aren't as hybrid as the vendor claims, and won't show much difference in subsequent generations.

It's an interesting risk/reward question.

Back