Hi from Houston

aouY7Ry.gif

Welcome! Why specifically do you want to grow reapers? They do require a good deal of patience as they are a long-season fruit.

podz said:
Welcome! Why specifically do you want to grow reapers? They do require a good deal of patience as they are a long-season fruit.

Hi, I actually enjoy growing all kinds of unusual plants, mostly tropical, and I feel that reapers and ghost peppers fall into that category. I may experiment with a very tiny amount of the pepper when trying to create a hot wing sauce, but that's about it. I plan an using a food dehydrator to help preserve them and I'll probably just give them away.

Most of what I normally grow is not edible. It's usually exotic flowers, jungle plants, banana trees, etc. although I did grow sugar cane last year. This is my first year growing something that can be consumed.

andrew001 said:

Hi, I actually enjoy growing all kinds of unusual plants, mostly tropical, and I feel that reapers and ghost peppers fall into that category. I may experiment with a very tiny amount of the pepper when trying to create a hot wing sauce, but that's about it. I plan an using a food dehydrator to help preserve them and I'll probably just give them away.

Most of what I normally grow is not edible. It's usually exotic flowers, jungle plants, banana trees, etc. although I did grow sugar cane last year. This is my first year growing something that can be consumed.

Good luck! Do you have your plants started already? Pics?

Welcome!  Im in North Texas and Reapers have been difficult for me as far as production.  Start them early as mentioned before it takes a while.  They have proven to be a difficult grow in containers so I have them in the ground this year.   Lets see some pics of what you got so far

Here they are now. They are in the pot until they are happy to deal with the direct sun. The 3 in the pic were bought live and i have 30 seeds in plastic bags with paper towel.

Attachments

• 20190425_160458.jpg
    20190425_160458.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 55
Back