Hi from Los Angeles.

what s.curry and the WARRIORS?

Good luck to them tonight but I don't know if they will beat LeBron buts the Warriors are a deeper team. Gonna be a good series the bay area is already going crazy.

Wow, what a response!
Thanks everyone!

@ mpicante - I grew up in Sylmar/Pacoima but the last 12 years I've been in the westside, currently Mar Vista near Venice and Sepulveda. Recently moved into a little house/duplex thing with my own private yard so I was itching to grow some stuff. I've spent my entire life in apartments so never really had the chance.
Where in LA are you?

@LA 2 the Bay, I don't offend easy so no worries!

El Angeleno said:
Wow, what a response!
Thanks everyone!

@ mpicante - I grew up in Sylmar/Pacoima but the last 12 years I've been in the westside, currently Mar Vista near Venice and Sepulveda. Recently moved into a little house/duplex thing with my own private yard so I was itching to grow some stuff. I've spent my entire life in apartments so never really had the chance.
Where in LA are you?

@LA 2 the Bay, I don't offend easy so no worries!
Actually I live SGV.You might be a lot closer to bucdout57!!!but good to have growers close by.

El Angeleno said:
Hola,

Just started my first batch of pepper plants.
3 Jalapeños
3 jwala fingers
3 serranos
2 Thai chilies
3 poblanos
So far all going well, I'm about 3 weeks in and most are just starting to develop true leaves. The Thai chilies and poblanos JUST sprouted though, late bloomers for some reason...
They're all in a big Rubbermaid with two T5's and a little fan on separate timers.
Anyways, thanks already for all the help, this forum really helped me get started. Hopefully I can contribute!
I grew the Pusa Jwala , I wonder if that's the same as the Jwala fingers...

Anyway, welcome aboard from the real NorCal. :)

mpicante said:
That's fine.I ONLY CHEER ON MY FAVORITE TEAMS and BOO THEIR RIVALS.Its all in good fun because we go see them and help pay their salaries.

So are you a A's fan?

Haha, yup, I'm an A's fan and this year has sure been brutal. I like the Giants too - it's nice to have 2 teams in area, helps soften the blow if one of them implodes.

@mpicante ah, the SGV, my girlfriend is from their, we're in Monterey and Arcadia nearly every weekend visiting her family. I see myself moving there at some point.....
@scorchy - I have no idea, I got the jalapeño and Poblano seeds from pepper joe and he threw those in.

El Angeleno,

:welcome:

I am growing some of the same peppers. I have Biker Billy Jalapeños and one Indian Jwala.  I like Indian food, so hope this pepper helps me with that!  Your setup sounds good.  Here is a recent pic of my seedlings under T5.  Thanks for introducing yourself.

ZAWyzzAl.jpg

@Pepperrookie - Nice! Your's are a lot further along than mine I think. How long have you been growing them?? I'm about 3 weeks in.....

Back