Hi from Tucson

Hi everyone!

I've only just tried growing things this year after receiving some free blueberry plants earlier in the mail and realizing that my formerly black thumb had somehow managed to keep them alive for two months. I only want to grow things that I can eat/use, so my herb collection has gone from 0 to 6 and counting.

I recently realized that I should grow some Thai chilis since I love cooking Thai/Asian food and hate driving across town just to get some decent ones. So I was looking for resources regarding growing peppers, and I've been lurking here for the past two weeks or so now. I have realized that there are way too many varieties that I want to try growing and eat! A few days ago I started germinating some seeds, and just yesterday I stopped at the World Market and picked up a couple hot sauces to try. Maybe I will start a glog later to document the progress of my first ever endeavor to grow anything from seed.

I hope to learn lots from everyone here!

Chrissy

Welcome to THP :) I'm sure you'll learn a lot here, definitely check out the Growing Peppers, Growing Others, and Grow Log sections, they are brimming with information and since there are so many archives, the search function is exceptionally useful to try before you have questions because it's likely someone will have already asked :)

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, Sliz, I've been reading everything I can in the glogs and growing subforums. Lots of great info for all the things I've been wondering so far and haven't yet run into an unanswered question. ☺

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back