Hi, new user here + quick question!

Hi everyone, just getting into growing peppers. I used to be a huge chilihead in the early 2000s, but never grew my own. I'm just getting back into it and am amazed at all these new varieties that are popping up now.

I did have a quick question that maybe you guys could help me out with. This ebay user claims to have Chocolate Bhutlah seeds: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Chocolate-Brown-Bhutlah-Seeds-Fresh-World-Record-Bhut-Jolokia-x-Douglah-HOT-/181573523709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a46a018fd

and has pretty good feedback and sold >100, however all the images seem to be taken from this forum.

Google didn't come up with anything on this particular user, I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. Just trying to buy some seeds to grow my first batch (though I know it's pretty late in the year for this).

Anyway, thanks! This forum is what I wish existed ~15 years back when we were all just looking for the latest habanero sauce.

Welcome!!!

As a rule of thumb do not buy seeds from ebay, especially from sellers who you've never heard of. If in doubt don't order. Check around, there are great vendors here and maybe even someone who would send you seeds for free. 

Welcome to THP . The Original creator of the Bhutlah is a member here. And I'm pretty sure he's not selling on Ebay. You have a far better chance of getting REAL Bhutlah seeds here, than on Ebay. 

Also as Afro said Judy at Pepperlover has a wonderful version of it.

:welcome:

SPHX said:

This ebay user claims to have Chocolate Bhutlah seeds

Don't believe it. The creator of that variety (standbyandfire on this forum and on YouTube) hasn't released it to the public yet. 

Ebay and Amazon seeds are a crapshoot. Check the Vendor Vault here for reliable seed vendors. 

You might be interested in the "Naglah Brown" from Buckeye. It's a Bhut x Douglah that's actually available :https://www.buckeyepepper.com/nagalah-brown (the Chocolate Bhutlah is a Bhut x Douglah x Butch T)

Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes. :) Never been on a forum where the "Newbie Forum" gets so many replies within a few hours.

I'll definitely check out some of the reputable vendors and maybe grow a pepper that's a bit more available and not quite as hard to find info about.

So wait... is ebay ok? :)

Welcome.

Not to hijack the thread but out of curiosity, could someone put together a list of popular crosses & their creators?

BlackFatalii said:
:welcome:

Don't believe it. The creator of that variety (standbyandfire on this forum and on YouTube) hasn't released it to the public yet. 

Ebay and Amazon seeds are a crapshoot. Check the Vendor Vault here for reliable seed vendors. 

You might be interested in the "Naglah Brown" from Buckeye. It's a Bhut x Douglah that's actually available :https://www.buckeyepepper.com/nagalah-brown (the Chocolate Bhutlah is a Bhut x Douglah x Butch T)

:welcome:  to THP! Some great vendors listed so far, my experience with Buckeye Peppers this year was great. Don't leave it to chance, spend the money with one of the good vendors mentioned around these parts! Nothing worse than growing a pepper for several months and it turning out to be the wrong thing  :tear:

Back