• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2014 Adventure - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

HillBilly Jeff said:

Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Bodeen said:
Just throwing this up here to plan out my list for next year.  Looking at some changes to my grow next year.

Sliced one of these up for a burger and didn't feel any heat out of them.  I seem to remember these things being a bit hotter than this.  The year could be effecting them too.

For those who wanted to know how well they produce, this is my 3rd pod picked and I will try to keep track of the pods this year.

Cajun Bell

10394554_10202564477703237_4941667582489263981_n.jpg

Year's still young, sweetie! I know am playing Ramon/Walkgood here, but he tried to tell me that it'd be alright last year--I was "Yeah but . . ." and the fishing sucked, no maters to speak of because of cold and 7 inches above average rain, but the peppers pulled through GREAT! (He was right.) And gonna bet that two basic Jal M's, planted side by side, gonna look different for sometimes, long while. Some, same seed, same pheno, just jump up and some dawdle, but given some time, love, half-a decent weather (eventually) the slacker catches up and often surpasses the other. I think you'll be more than fine with grow and look forward to tasting those Burg 7's; they are MONSTER pods!

A nice all day rain here today, and by the looks of things, it is going to continue into tonight.

Picked my first burgundy okra today.  Pretty looking thing.  At least all this water is keeping my cabbage from splitting.

Hope to get some pics when the rain lets up now that I am back home.

Devv said:

Your season runs into October doesn't it?

Yes it does.  It has the last two seasons any how.  I bought the hoops for my raised beds, just need to get them installed and the plastic bought so I can see if I can extend the season of the peppers in the beds.  

maximumcapsicum said:
Man I could go for some okra. Need more gardening space!

If my okra turns out well, I can send you some.

I have several pics to post, so I guess I will do them in order, so there will be other veges mixed in.

Burgundy

0712Burg.jpg

Fatalii Yellow

0712Faty.jpg

Growing three kinds of beets, red, golden, and white.

0712beets.jpg

First Bishop pod forming

0712bishop.jpg

BMJ

0712bmj.jpg

Bombs are producing well.

0712bomb.jpg

Broccoli

0712broccoli.jpg

Burgundy OW

0712burgow.jpg

Cabbage

0712cabbage.jpg

Red Cabbage

0712cabbagered.jpg

Can I get a bump please.

Cajun, Mexi, Bonnet Bell...........none of those have any heat, and all are very small...........next time put a Jigsaw in your burger !

Don't shrug off the cooler temps, tonights suppose to be 52 for a low and may break a record..........your plants will love it.

It rained in spirts today and the sun comes in and out......huh, did I write that...anyways, the peppers appreciate the this funky weather. We just need some higher daytime temps to get the tomatoes ripening. Your cabbage and broccoli look great, and those cherry bombs would make a nice appetizer once ripened  with a one hr quick  brine on the stove

PIC 1 said:
Cajun, Mexi, Bonnet Bell...........none of those have any heat, and all are very small...........next time put a Jigsaw in your burger !

Don't shrug off the cooler temps, tonights suppose to be 52 for a low and may break a record..........your plants will love it.

It rained in spirts today and the sun comes in and out......huh, did I write that...anyways, the peppers appreciate the this funky weather. We just need some higher daytime temps to get the tomatoes ripening. Your cabbage and broccoli look great, and those cherry bombs would make a nice appetizer once ripened  with a one hr quick  brine on the stove

When I first started getting into hot peppers, the Cajun had more than enough heat for me lol.  They are bigger than the mini bell and I grow them mainly for the non chiliheads in the family.

I heard 50 for two nights in a row for lows.  Rained heavy here today as well.

Got my new pc and so far so good.  Windows 8.1

Got a gift box in the mail today....looks yummy!!!!  Many thanks Scott.

10556380_10202585840157285_6070736165243036710_n.jpg

Wow, I can cut and paste pics now...sweet.

Not good at this, but top row are sevens?

Next row JA Red, Serrano, chocolate something, and two jigsaws.

Fatalii, don't know, don't know, Yellow 7, and yellow moruga.

Bottom Row, Lemon, Bishop, yellow mushroom, BMJ, and not sure on the little orange peppers.
Back to the pic update.

Some of the carrots.

0712carrots.jpg

Chard overflow area

0712chard.jpg

Chenzo...I love this pepper.  Small, compact, and a pod producing machine.  I love this powder in my soups and stews.  Finally going to OW this one.

0712chenzo.jpg

Choc DT...new grow for me.

0712dtc.jpg

My OW fatalii, not producing correct pods :(

0712fatow.jpg

Just some flowers.

0712flowers.jpg

Giant Thai

0712giantthai.jpg

Goliath Jalapeno

0712goliathjal.jpg

And a bump please.

Nice score on the new puter! I actually had a mexibelle that had a decent amount of heat on my little plant. All in the placenta and had to eat the whole thing but I liked it. Not a productive plant at all though. Gardens looking fine sir.

Thanks for the bumps.  

HBJ pods

0712hbj.jpg

West Indie

0712indie.jpg

JA Red

0712jared.jpg

Kentucky Wonder...they really like to climb

0712kentucky.jpg

Kohlrabi

0712kohl.jpg

Purple is going slower.

0712kohlpurple.jpg

MoA

0712moa.jpg

Mustard Hab

0712mustard.jpg

Burgundy Okra

0712okra.jpg

And some overflow onions

0712onion.jpg

And another bump please....skeeters were horrible this evening.

Back