• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HillBilly Jeff's 2019 Glog

Just throwing this up here as I don't have a list yet.  Going through my seeds to see what I need to order and I have the itch to plant already.  I know my staples will be planted this year, 7 pot burgundy, TS Yellow, Mustard Hab, Yellow Fatalii, Jigsaw, but not sure what all else will get planted at this point in time.

Onion plants are ordered and I am putting in orders for tomato seeds and all others.  Will probably buy a pack of paper lantern seeds as last years didn't grow true and I like the pods hanging down.  Not much for their taste, but they have a pleasing look to them.

To be continued...

It is a bit of a pain, be I use tinypic.com for image hosting. I don't even have an account there and images I posted way back in my 2013 glog are still there. (Now that I've mentioned it, watch 'em all go away tomorrow.)

I need to get tomatoes going, too. Wish I had some purple calabash seeds. It's one of my favorites for fresh eating. Ugly, but tasty.

I wish peppers popped up as easily as tomatoes.  Just about all my tomatoes are up.  108 pots planted.  Just seeded another 39 in some peat pellets I had laying around.  Got three people here that are wanting to buy any extra plants I have.

Even though indeterminates go on until frost, they do slow down a great deal towards the end of the season.  I wonder if I planted some seeds later if that would help that at all.  I would have a lot hotter weather during plant out and that wouldn't be so good.

HillBilly Jeff said:
I wish peppers popped up as easily as tomatoes. 

No doubt.  I planted some three days ago that started popping this morning.

Just about all my tomatoes are up.  108 pots planted.  Just seeded another 39 in some peat pellets I had laying around.  Got three people here that are wanting to buy any extra plants I have.

Even though indeterminates go on until frost, they do slow down a great deal towards the end of the season.  I wonder if I planted some seeds later if that would help that at all.  I would have a lot hotter weather during plant out and that wouldn't be so good.
Plant more or root some suckers.  In my garden, disease usually slowly kills the plants before frost.  Starting some later might help with that, too.  Except I've just stuck with container growing the last few years.

Yeah the disease gets to them, especially the better boy before frost.  I used to be able to pick tons of green tomatoes the day before a freeze was coming.  Now they are all but done before that happens.

Yeah the disease gets to them, especially the better boy before frost.  I used to be able to pick tons of green tomatoes the day before a freeze was coming.  Now they are all but done before that happens.

18 varieties of tomatoes hit the dirt today as did 80 hot pepper plants.  Missing is my jigsaw, TS Yellow, and pink ghost.  Had a strong wind here that blew over a table loaded with pepper plants.  Only a few casualties.  

Trying many new varieties this year.  Found some yellow and orange jalapeno seeds from a vendor.  Yellows are podding up, but they don't look like jals to me.  At least the purple looked the part.  Time will tell if they're keepers.

I see much pico in my future.

Hey, Jeff, how you doing, friend?

Glad to see you have plants in the ground.
Good luck this season, hope the weather is
agreeable and you have a banner year!

Well, its been 7-8 years of growing, but my Chocolate Cayenne peppers are stable.  At least this year they all were lol.

Can't link my fb pic or I would.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Well, its been 7-8 years of growing, but my Chocolate Cayenne peppers are stable.  At least this year they all were lol.
Alright, Jeff   :metal: 

I hope your grow season rocked this year!

HillBilly Jeff said:

It went so so, had a lot of things come up that put me behind.  Hope your's rocked as well.
Same here, friend. Sort of a spotty season with some
bright spots and a few fails. Am getting in some nice
pods today before two nights of forecasted 33˚F temps
tonight and tomorrow night. I think Fall is rapidly turning
to Winter! 

Back