food Holiday Meals

mrs. blues wanted tamales as is tradition but wasn't feelin' it this year. 

Christmas eve she wants king crab stuffed mushrooms instead.

For Christmas day she wants cast iron style pork al pastor with pineapple.

I'm cool and the gang with that.

She is the boss after all.

JayT said:
Fiddy please tell me that you will be making the traditional Cuban pork meal for Christmas.  We need a very merry SoFlo Christmas.

Nah, Sum does that. And he's damn good at it.

I have a wife and 2 kids, and 2 families that want to spend time with us (a good problem to have). 
I don't get to cook, unfortunately. We spend Christmas eve at one family's house, Christmas night at the other. 
It's hectic. But fun. 

Christmas Eve:
Baked Salmon
Smoked Salmon
Chicken Breast stuffed with Proscuitto and extra sharp cheddar cheese
Stuffed flank steak rubbed with garlic and horse radish, stuffed with asparagus
Pierogi's 
Kielbasa
Double baked potatoes

Christma Days:
Braised Short Ribs
Leftovers

My wife and I host Christmas Eve every year at our house this year we decided that we would make Beef Wellington with Green Peppercorn Sauce, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs and Garlic and Warm Wilted Winter Greens - this is the stock image for the recipe. It is Tyler Florence Ultimate Beef wellington.

frydad4 said:
I just called my Whole Foods. They do not participate in midnight madness. In fact, they had no idea what I was asking about. 

Screw them.

Bah Humbug.
That suck's man, I'm way up in Maine or I help you out...  :cheers:

LUCKYDOG said:
My wife and I host Christmas Eve every year at our house this year we decided that we would make Beef Wellington with Green Peppercorn Sauce, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs and Garlic and Warm Wilted Winter Greens - this is the stock image for the recipe. It is Tyler Florence Ultimate Beef wellington.

Love Beef Wellington! 

Christmas Eve really nothing special, especially as this year I'm playing Bass, wife is singing and daughter is playing Violin for Christmas Eve Services. Christmas day this year I want to do a Standing Rib Roast et all. New Years eve will be all hind of hot and cold horderves.

Christmas was a Smoked Prime Rib...no pics.

Today was Poppers and Chile Con Queso for mid day snacks followed by smoked Country Style and Baby Back ribs with Mustard Greens, Black Eyed Peas, Butter Noodles and Yorkshire Pudding...
uD9J9Gg.jpg

TwG0mNx.jpg

6uaRB0R.jpg

pSUJWjo.jpg

VnGgltr.jpg

ZMbL9NG.jpg

Sure was good...Happy New Year all!!!

I've never been able to get a Yorkshire pudding to come out right, just tastes like a plain Bechamel. New Years Day this year was a Molasses and Bacon smoked Pork Shoulder the Pulled to happiness with Collard Greens, Black Eyed Peas and Southern Style Cornbread. No one left the table hungry :)

Bill...I did to the Yorkshire what us Americans do as a flavor insurance policy. I added BACON!!! Bacon grease in the drippings and bacon in the mix...worked like a charm!

Back