food Holiday Recipes!

This is a spinach and bacon quiche-like deal....

I have no idea what to call it....it was just something I made up in my head!

Tell me what you think:

The ingredients...

100_2526.jpg

One finely chopped onion:

100_2528.jpg

Fresh mushrooms....same as the onion:

100_2530.jpg

BACON!!

100_2531.jpg

Diced BACON!!!

100_2532.jpg

Rendering out the BACON!!

100_2538.jpg

BACON BACON BACON!!

100_2539.jpg

Onion and mushroom in a tiny bit of BACON! fat....

100_2540.jpg

100_2542.jpg

looks good as is, don't need no spinach or eggs ;) :lol:

BACON!

Draining the 3 boxes of chopped spinach nets you a hunk roughly the size of a baseball. You have to have a good bit of upper-body strength to do that!

100_2544.jpg

100_2554.jpg

Okay....here it is. Eight eggs, 2/3 a jar of Ragu alfredo sauce, the BACON!, spinach, onion & mushroom, and a full container of Italian grated cheeses:

100_2555.jpg

100_2557.jpg

100_2558.jpg

I tried to toast the eggroll wrappers in a greased pan, and it looked descent....but opted to go with a smaller, bare baking tin:

100_2559.jpg

Baked it in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes....till a toothpick pulls out clean:

100_2560.jpg

Looks like this:

100_2564.jpg

100_2562.jpg

Gonna chill it overnight....then re-heat tomorrow with more grated cheese and mushrooms on the top!

:dance:

Way to prepare early, looks tasty and sittin overnight will definately enhance the flavors. Have to do a Thankgiving breakfast post of my mom's creamed eggs (Eggs Golden Rod).

The Yorkshire pudding batter has to rest for 3-4 hours to really be good...so here's the prep:

100_2565.jpg

This, my friends....is what sparked my love for cooking. It's my folder of recipes. Some are from my grandmothers....some are from my Dad.....some are ones that I designed all on my own. There's 80 some years (three generations) of original creations in there....as well as some brand new things I thought sounded awesome......

....and this is as close as you'll EVER get to it. :cool:

100_2566.jpg

Measure out the flour and add a half-teaspoon of salt:

100_2567.jpg

Let's sift that flour:

100_2568.jpg

100_2569.jpg

Four eggs and some fresh cracked pepper:

100_2571.jpg

....whipped till nice and frothy:

100_2572.jpg

Make a well in the sifted flour:

100_2573.jpg

....add the eggs

100_2574.jpg

...and the milk...and incorporate JUST till the big lumps go away:

100_2575.jpg

Gonna let this rest till right before dinnertime.....

to be continued!

The family traditional holiday breakfast I grew up with, nothing fancy but tasty and the kids insist. Sorry no prep pics, dead battery.

Creamed Eggs (Eggs Golden Rod) Basic med. white sauce kicked up with a little dry mustard and cayanne with sliced hardboiled egg whites on toasted english muffins top with crumbled yolks and hot sausage.

6dzxis.jpg

b7j8k0.jpg

Lookin forward to that Yorkshire Pudding, I love that stuff

The family traditional holiday breakfast I grew up with, nothing fancy but tasty and the kids insist. Sorry no prep pics, dead battery.

Creamed Eggs (Eggs Golden Rod) Basic med. white sauce kicked up with a little dry mustard and cayanne with sliced hardboiled egg whites on toasted english muffins top with crumbled yolks and hot sausage.

6dzxis.jpg

b7j8k0.jpg

Lookin forward to that Yorkshire Pudding, I love that stuff

Holy hell, Batman!!!! :eek:

GIMMIE DAT BREAKFAST!!!!!!

:woohoo:

That looks like.........like...........like.......like I'm gonna steal your recipe!!!

WIN!!!!

On with the show.....

Some piccys from the gravy construct and the start of the roast....

This 5 pounds of beefy goodness has been hermetically sealed in this bag under the Dali Llama's laptop since Monday afternoon:

100_2576.jpg

Gonna rinse it off with a full can of the best damn beer on the planet.....

....or a Keystone Light:

100_2582.jpg

100_2583.jpg

I'm taking the beer-wash and the strained marinade and adding it to the pre-made gravy in the jars......plus some onion and mushrooms:

100_2584.jpg

100_2587.jpg

100_2591.jpg

Ends up looking like THIS!!!

100_2592.jpg

Gonna dry this mug and bring it to room temp:

100_2585.jpg

Then, coat in in some peanut oil....

100_2589.jpg

Elevate it on a rack, a bit more seasoning....

100_2590.jpg

....and into a 500 degree oven it goes for 20 minutes. Then, I'll rebaste, and crank the heat back to 200 degrees till I get an internal reading of 125-130......

At which point, I'll wrap this bad boy up and take it on over to Rettas!!!

:woohoo:

More pics to follow!!!!

LOL no I kind of like that mine is beating yours. Go drum up some business! :rofl:

Well if THP wants to be that way, guess I know where I'm gonna continue to post

Where the KEYSTONE is

:rofl:

Here are the finishing shots....

After the oven, and the roast is looking really good!

100_2593.jpg

100_2595.jpg

Wrapped it up and it was off to Retta's!!

Yorkshire puddings....getting happy in a 425 degree oven....

100_2612.jpg

Here's what they look like after about 15-20 minutes:

100_2614.jpg

Sliced up the beef...it was perfectly cooked...and quite tender concidering the cut:

100_2616.jpg

My loaded-up plate....yeah....there's TWO complete meals on dat platter!! :lol:

100_2626.jpg

So........I hope everyone had a happy and a safe Thanksgiving. I'll be posting leftovers for a week!!!

Peace-out!

D@mn Paul that roast looked good enough to eat and then some. Now after that plate is it going to be double PT for a couple of weeks to drop it all off before next weight in? If it is then it was darn sure worth it!!!!

Holy Toledo!

I'm upset that I didn't see this thread earlier and that i wasn't invited. Hellov a nice spread and that is definitely sexonaplate goodness!

Back