• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Holy Primo Batman!

So...the Primo is HOT! Had one that wrecked me, completely wrecked me. Snot pouring, eyes dripping, stomach screaming, and mouth crying for me to put it out of its misery! It was honestly the hottest pepper I've had, even though I've had them before. It was horrible in terms of heat, but great in terms of flavor like every other primo I've has.

Now I'm wondering, are Primo's just my "Holy Shit" peppers or are they really extremely hot. Like I said I've had them before, not whole and they were great but this one...wow.

So, anyone else had this experience? I've read they have not been tested yet or are getting tested. They sure do need to be, they deserve it. And Primo, great pepper!

They sure are haha, this one hurt for days after, stomach cramps on and off for a solid 12 hours or more, even with milk on my stomach before...

The Primo has been tested several times and they are hot.  Check the "Promotions" section of the forum for several vendors that have been running contests about the Primo and the SHU rating.  They seem to average 1.1 million - 1.5 million

Oh yeah, primos are HOT alright. Average from testing from samples taken from ghostpepperstore.com and Bakers peppers is 1.47 million. That`s the hottest average heat ever tested. \

They make good beer too!     :hell:

For me so far, Primos are the best! The Primos and the reapers have a heat that is unlike the other peppers, but after multiple taste tests and coming from 3 different sources,(mine ended up being the hottest and was right close to unbearable) they were consistanly hotter than the reapers and anything else. I love the taste myself. It really stands out where the reapers tasted rather flat in comparison, especially since we did multiple taste tests side by side about a half hour apart. In fact, I used Primo powder at Longhorn Steakhouse today. They cover their steaks with a special melted butter and, maybe garlic liquid, or sauce I guess, but it doesn't seem complex enough to be called a sauce. The local restaurant just calls it "love" They give me a small container of the "love" and I sprinkle out some small amounts of powder along a 9 inch line across my plate. I dip the piece of steak in the love and then dab the piece in a slight bit of powder and eat it. Gives the steak a full, rich, special taste that you don't get anywhere else. The stuff is great, and a great pepper all the way around. Eat too much of it at one time and you burn your face off, so guess what? Don't eat a whole pepper in one chomp and that allows you to really enjoy the pepper instead of fearing the pepper.

See I've had them as powder and they are amazing, amazing peppers. I tell people all the time that it seems the hotter the pepper is, the more flavor it has dried or powdered... I have quite a bit of the Primo powder I've made myself, and it's great in small bowls of chili (My fiance' won't let me put the superhots in the whole pot...I just say ok and accept it). So this year at the church I work at I think I will make some primo wings for our annual wing cook off. 

But you're right cycadjungle, they are extremely hot eaten whole, but i've had other superhots whole and although they really REALLY hurt, they didn't tear me up like this one did. But if there's one upside, the flavor was great! I also bought a box from Judy's and received a pepper that I think may be a Primo crossed with some type of Moruga or something of that sort, It's big like a Moruga but has the gnarly tail of a Primo, I'll post it up later!

Also cycadjungle, I've made some Moruga Tobasco sauce that I carry around in my car for when we go out to eat, makes any food, great food!

Here's the primo cross i have, it's the size of a golfball but has the primo shape mixed with maybe a brainstrain for the color is extremely close.
9781674913_d90a6857dc_c.jpg

Back