• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hombre 2013 Pubescens ,Pubescens and Pubescens

Started a Testbatch of 84 in december because I changed a lot of parameters of my grow setup.
Tried using some cheap LED panels but they did not fit for me
So almost all of the things worked out and now I have allready 79 pubescens Plants that I will keep.

photo-18273-3b263bf6_zps4cba245a.jpg

photo-18274-102ef6b3_zps3cc1d6c0.jpg

photo-18347-576c4cd5_zpsba38c7d0.jpg

photo-18492-f2297a31_zps7393b2cf.jpg

Yesterday I started the regular ones

photo-18488-7ed4b977_zps6488b044.jpg

I put 2 Seeds from 148 C.pubescens Varieties

From a Cross called Rocoto 3H from a friend I put 7 Seeds to germate after I allready had that one in the Testbatch and got 4 Plants I am trying to get 10 so I can compare how stable they are

From 6 Varieites I put 9 Seeds each to germate.

The first one is a variety a freind got in 2011 in Peru that is suppose to be the biggest Rocoto ever Problem is that I did not get one Seed to germate last year thats why 9 got sowed this year

He also brought back a nother variety labeld Arequipa Rocoto Red small got really big Rocotos of that and some even turned yellow. So this year I will sow 9 original Seeds and 9 Seeds that I saved from the big Red ones to see if they are true and hoping to get some yellow ones to because the Seeds at the yellow ones did not get ripe

Rocoto Brown will also be 9 Seeds because I need more brown ones for a Sauce that I am working on

A Variety that I got labeld Rocoto Brown gave me really big Red Pods so I am trying if they are true for that they are also getting 9 chances to germante

And the last one is a variety that has the strangest Flowers . They were in 2011 purple and white but the purple was divided to the white in a clear line it looked like some one draw a line with a ruler. So I will check if that turnes out in the next gemeration and try to select seeds to get it sable

More to come

Greetings from germany

Alexander

Today the last 9 Varieties that came last week in the mail from Australia and Peru got sowed.
From the first Batch from last week allready 40 are sprouting

IMG_1894_zps70e9f653.jpg

Greetings from Germany

Alexander

Just wonderful but do you consider your seedlings to be leggy? I'm only asking because I fear my plants getting leggy. I don't know what too leggy does in the ing run.

Finally hit puberty on my end today...only two varieties sown, Manzano and Superpube. One Manzano sprout so far. I had great luck with the Manzanos last year. Can't wait to see how all yours come around and the differences in species! You got me thinking over here of an all pube grow myself!

Just wonderful but do you consider your seedlings to be leggy? I'm only asking because I fear my plants getting leggy. I don't know what too leggy does in the ing run.

No not this Batch the Testbatch was leggy .
Here you can see that the outer ones are really leggy
photo-18273-3b263bf6_zps4cba245a.jpg

There I was trying some cheap LED Panels and they just did not have enough power.
Now I hope that the new panels have enough power. I turned the light one this time before they sproutet too have the light .

I you have leggy plants you can dig the steam in the next time they get a bigger pot for that the get a better stand and the will also grow new roots out of the part of the steam that is underground.

Greetings

Alexander

After 10 Days 110 Seeds out of 360 have sprouted . 67 Varieties from 157 have at least on plant going.

Greetings

Alexander

That's it!!! Hombre is Pube-y-claus! Great numbers so far my brother! Keep 'em going! Can't wait to see all the plants grown up. My manzanos were some of the largest plants I had last year...going to be an impressive sight for sure!

Hi Alexander!!!

This topic I'm gonna follow.
This year i'm trying to grow C. Pubescens too and C. Bacatum... plus a little more.

Keep this updated... See you and good luck... Flávio.

I will be watching this grow thread with very much interest!!! Great work as always. It sounds like you are growing some incredible varieties.

Chris

Some Numbers from today

Batch one 159 /360 germated
Batch 2 0 / 18 germated
Together 159/378 germated thats about 42,1 %

Yesterday I put the rest of the P473 Seeds to germate I used the method from Mike from Old Barn Nursery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ifUynm44Q&feature=youtu.be

Something over 100 Seeds hope that at least one germates , I really badley whant those .

Hi Alex
Did you try Peters method of soaking them in salpeter, any good? I have been getting good germination rates with my rocotos so far(80%) by just planting 2 seeds each directly into the jiffy plugs without pre soaking the seeds(I do use hot tap water to soak the jiffy plugs before planting). As the saying goes "if it aint broke don't fix it" so I will stick with that for the moment but I am curious if it would make a difference.

Used to soak my seeds but stoped it because it got too much and sometimes I had Problems getting them out in time. I am having good results without soaking and if it does not germate like this then nevermind. Only at the P473 I would love to see if they are really as big.
A good fried gets good results with salpeter but that I never tested my self

Some pics from the Seedslings under the new LED lights

IMG_1927_zps12f8b5cb.jpg

IMG_1926_zps969778fa.jpg

IMG_1925_zps2d3aff47.jpg

Roots
IMG_1923_zpsb5a3ea5d.jpg

From the 2nd Batch the first seedling is showing after 6 days

Greetings

Alexander

200 out of 378 Seeds sproutet so far. Repoting will be on Saturday
Over 110 Capsicum pubescens Varieties have sproutet only 47 did not