labels home print labels??

Hey guys, I am going to attempt to make a label for my sauce. Its just to give to friends etc, but might as well make it look good right? Anyway, I am using the standard 5oz woozies, and from what i can find, the best size is 5x3? Also, I have looked for the "avery" 5x3 waterproof but cannot find them. Im looking for suggestions on where and how to print them. I figure i will only make 100 or so bottles in the next couple months, so I dont need 10000 labels. If someone can help me with the type of paper, products or websites etc. I would appreciate it.
Thanks...
Mike

buy a small packet of Avery 6-up shipping labels for laser printing.
small packet = 20 sheets
6 labels per page

Do your design on your computer, you can use the Avery templates free to download, put the design on a flashdrive or CD and have Staples, or other print shop run 5 sheets for you.

Have Fun!

salsalady said:
buy a small packet of Avery 6-up shipping labels for laser printing.
small packet = 20 sheets
6 labels per page

Do your design on your computer, you can use the Avery templates free to download, put the design on a flashdrive or CD and have Staples, or other print shop run 5 sheets for you.

Have Fun!

+1

here is a link to staples canada and custom label design, using their software and services - hope it works.
the link is to a 3X3 label but you can cruise around and see if they have other sizes.

http://bctkiosk.your-printer.com/CF/frames.asp?reorder=&edit=&order_id=&mode=&title=Your+Printer%3A+Staples&urlstring=http%3A%2F%2Fbctkiosk%2Eyour-printer%2Ecom%2Fbct_external%2Fplantimages%2F9992%2FLstaples1%2Egif&SessionID=1705791T1055899379&vendor=plant_v3&straight1=yes&numc=3&PlantID=9992staples1&Rnd=0%2E8374292&sw=910&sh=580&option=nc

here is a label i made with my home samsung laser printer and really cheap address labels but it is for my own purpose. i just used avery's website design software.

The printer I have access to in town doesn't print all the way to the edge.  Newer printers will.  Or just use a white background~
IMG_0907.JPG

The 6-ups cover a lot of the bottle, there also 8-ups which sometimes work better.
IMG_0908.JPG

Thanks for the link, Dustin! I was looking for a nice place to get some labels printed for my first batch of Butch T Sauce, and they fit the bill perfectly! I priced out something with Vista Print, and they were way too expensive.

You definitely do not need waterproof vinyl. I doubt any label in your fridge is. Even all the major stuff like Heinz, etc. Only reason to use it is if you need clear. Otherwise use coated paper labels. That is standard.

My production labels Are not waterproof vinyl - they are clear-coated UV protected and water resistant. I have to use spool-wrapped labels, as the production line labeller requires it.

That said, for small batch home stuff I just buy Avery labels & have fun with 'em. If I had some nice coated label stock I guess I could go to Kinko's & have them printed there on their fancy printers.

That Fluffy Bunny label Ann did with the fancy print was friggin awesome. Great colors, great quality. My home printer is nowhere near that nice.

I didn't use a home printer.  The labels were designed using Adobe Illustrator, saved as a PDF, sent to a thumbdrive and taken to the local print shop.

They printed from the thumbdrive using their fancy-dancy laser printer onto 6-up Avery Shipping labels.  Their printer doesn't go all the way to the edge of the label which is why you can see a white strip in one picture.  Other label sizes and other printers will go to the edge. 

I have a good relationship with the print shop.  It's basically a small office supply store with a 4 different printers.  I buy a package of 100 label pages from them and then they'll print small runs as I need.  

Sorry, I missed this post. 

Yes, 6-up refers to the number of labels per page.  6-up and 8-ups work good for woozy bottles.  If I can't find the shape or dimensions I want, sometimes I'll print multiple labels on a single page (full sheet) label and use the print shop's paper cutter to cut out the labels. 

Back