• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Hopefully: tomorrow is sow day

No not an 24-hour period to honor female pigs! Rather, hopefully I'll be able to sow a bunch of seeds. The ground dried enough today - at least that part that was covered with grass - to allow me to rotary till it - 12" deep! Did somewhere between 110-120 square feet. Enough for two 15" rows each of green beans, carrots and peas and two 12' rows of onions.

This is great! I can use what finished compost I have to reclaim some ground and raise all the basil plants I need, giving me eleven rows to grow tomatoes, peppers and potatoes in.

SEVEN rows of toms! Twenty plants per row! That's over 250 pounds of tomatoes per week! I love it!

Mike

I have been working out in the garden for about 4 weeks. I did get a light frost that took a few carrot and beet seedlings out, but so far I have gotten a big jump on the season. I may get two batches of beets this year! I just finished #2 of 6 raised beds yesterday, will be planting wax beans as well as my peppers in it.

Didn't get a bunch done - most of the ground is still very damp. But some that had been growing some vegetation I tilled yesterday and it was dry enough to till again and then plant in today.
35 linear feet each of St. Valery carrots and Lincoln Garden peas and 17 feet of KY Wonder Green Beans. As per my game plan, I planted stuff much closer than recommended: three inches between plants for the peas and carrots, 5" for the beans. The carrot rows are 12" apart, the rest 18". A couple of years ago, my carrot rows were the same, maybe a bit closer, apart and they did great. I would like to get 26 pints of peas, 39 pints of carrots and 26 quarts of beans, but this may be a 'pie in the sky' goal.

I'll keep AJ-type records!

Mike

Today was transplant day and I got some done:

21 Better Boy tomato plants
20 each of Delicious and Red Stuffer
6 each of Red Zebra, Florida 91 and Legend
1 Riesentraube
1 Tomatillo Verde
2 Crispy Hybrid Bell Peppers
2 Sweet Banana Peppers
2 Jalapeno Peppers
2 Habanero Peppers
2 Purple Beauty Bell Peppers
1 Fish Pepper
1 Hungarian Hot Wax Pepper (I wish I had more of these_
1 Tepin Pepper
1 Cayenne Pepper
1 7-pod Pepper
6 peppers that I have no clue what they are!

Also managed to rotary till more of the garden. Transplanting most of the toms was way more difficult that normal - they were 16-18" tall and I had to trench them. We are suppose to have rain this evening and a bit more tomorrow - as long as it doesn't pour down, I welcome it!

Mike

Back