• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot Chocolate on a cold Night

IM003913.jpg

IM003910.jpg

IM003908.jpg

Ready to go to sleep for the winter

IM003909.jpg

How do you prepare the plants for the winter? Where you hold her: to the cold to the warm one, to the light, to the dark, in greenhouse.you bathe her or you leave her dry, etc. etc.
I am very interested
smokemaster said:
IM003913.jpg

IM003910.jpg

IM003908.jpg

Ready to go to sleep for the winter

IM003909.jpg

They are going back into 15 gal. pots and back outside.
This is sunny southern califormia...
They were sent from a friends garden in Texas just before thier first freeze.
It's in the high 30's here at night (never gets that cold here for long) so they will probably grow roots while it's cold and start branches etc. once we get 50 degree nights or warmer.

I've got a couple hundred pots outside with mostly Baccatums and manzanos that think it's early spring right now-lots of buds and small pods.
Trinidad Scorpion,7 pot , habanero have unopened buds and are waiting for this storm to pass to bud I think.

All plants get southern exposure.Even with shade cloth they cook in Aug.
I get most of my pods during early spring and about now.
Except the Habanero Arbol that fruits year round-at least 4 times a year.Loves the cold.

I only trim my plants when I repot root bound pots.
I think if you trim the roots and top the plant it does better rather than just putting them in a bigger pot and not trimming the roots.

If you only trim the roots I think the top uses too much of the plants energy and your roots don't keep up with the plant and you get less pods and a less healthy plant.

The 2 branched plant is the large Chocolate Habanero (I think the seed was from Redwood city seeds).

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/tessanoel1999/IMG_2186.jpg

The other plant I'm not sure what it is.It grows purple pods that turn brownish red and are about the size of Whit bullet habaneros but have 2 or 3 lobes on the bottom of the pods.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/tessanoel1999/IMG_2020.jpg

Can't get the pics to post...doing something wrong I guess.
I sent her the seeds last spring and can't figure out what they are now.I've got too many seeds and plants to remember.I'll figure it out when mine puts out the pods.

I should start a home for wayward pepper plants.

Don't have room for overwintering your hot pepper plants?

Send them to me in Sunny Californa for the winter.

They'll enjoy a moderate winter with plenty of room to spread their roots in my spacious 15 gal. containers filled with only the best potting soil.

My army of bennificial bugs will keep the plants pesticide and bug free.

When they arrive they will be pains takingly potted up and put under full spectrum lights.

Once they have grown some leaves they will be hardened off and given a spot in my garden where they will bask in a luxurious southern exposure of sunlight.

Upon request pictures can be E-Mailed to you to show you your plants continued growth and well being.

A pepper plant is a terrible thing to waste...

Back