• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hot farmers market find

Red Habs $2 lb!!
6173891262_72f46d34d4.jpg

It was between me and this little Filipino lady grabbing for all the completely red ones, I got about just over 1.5lbs

Searching around for a red type sauce recipe, thinking about fermented sriracha type.

The mexican market I go to some times carries red for .99 Since i'm only a few hours from SD i'm sure they come from mexico and explains why they are so cheap.

are redhab hard to find for u guys? ive never really had a hard time finding them, but i prefer the red ones ovr the orange myself. nie find bro

Nice find. I am lucky enough to have a market close by that sells a bunch of different peppers. I have bought orange, peach, and red habs there as well as Thais. He even has Fataliis! I ordered a case of them for next week. Gonna make some more puree.

Su-weet score! Maybe at the next market you can corner the vender and get some inside tract for more habs if you want them. We can't find red habs around here, only some orange habs if we request them, usually $5.99/# or more.

A few weeks ago I ordered 50# of jalapenos from a local grower. They showed up a couple days ago with 40# green jalapenos, 7# SuperChiles, 1.5# serranos and ....a plastic grocery bag of green habs!

In an attempt to ferment the mash I added the vinegar too soon. Will this halt fermentation?

Looks like I'll be going back next week to buy more peppers

6197844820_2c36d74775.jpg

Fermenting now for 6days even though I added the vinegar too soon. Must be doing something cause the flavor is changing. Won't belong before I have me some sriracha sauce!

Back