• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hot Firecracker .... not Hot Firecracker

Bought some Hot Firecracker seeds from Pepper Joes ... two of the seeds came out different.
Below is one of them ... and I really like it. Anyone know what it is?
Purple/white flowers. Dark purple peppers. 1 to 1.5 inches long. Capsicum annuum taste.

I split a pack of firecrackers from pepperjoe's with a friend. I planted three seeds. Ended up with one firecracker and one "other" plant. Its purple... but not like the one posted above.
See...
13410192980661.jpg

13410192788920.jpg

The variegation is quite pretty. The flower shown took. So looking foward to see what is grows into.
Cross? Or mix up?

El Jardinero? Did Pepperjoe ever way in on what yours could be?
thanks,
Ga Gh

I had the exact same experience with seeds from Regal Peppers last year. They labeled it "Firecracker Pequin." I got both variations, with dark purple pods on both the plants. All flowers were purple, some plants had the purpled leaves others green and some even variegated. The purple plants had much longer pods, like a cayenne. The rest looked like the picture in the first post above. All pods ripened to deep red. I made powder from them. Decent flavor and heat but not remarkable.

This year I had several come up as volunteers. I'm letting them stay as decorations.

Back