• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

condiments Hot pepper relish

This year made a hot pepper relish.I use it on hot dogs and other things it is great.
I start with about 20 habanero and around 10 jalapeno peppers.I grind them up in a grinder,we take green tomatoes,onions,garlic,3 red bell pepeers,3 green bell peppers,salt to taste,mustard seed,celery seed and 5 cups white suger,2 cups apple cider vineger.all veggies are grinded too.put in pot and cook till brought to a boil then jar it up and put in a bath wash.we make about 12 jars.after opening put in frig last a long time and gets hotter as it ages.I give a lot out as gifts.anybody else make relish?

I've done a pickled pepper relish that not as ground as yours.  Brine of -vinegar, water, salt sugar and poured over sliced peppers, onion, garlic, carrot, cauliflower.   I love this stuff.  Mince it up and add to tuna or egg salad mix, topping for hot dogs or burgers, straight onto sandwiches or chopped onto salads.... 

With those habs, I bet yours is pretty Hot!

Made some hot and sweet pepper relish the other day

https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/hot_pepper_relish.html

Used orange and red Bells, with Bahamian Goats for the heat

00A0FCB3-4D76-4C2F-8496-7DD879658C38.jpeg

E2A29E32-37B3-41A9-BE25-C3C26F070FFD.jpeg

B6CA3AD1-0E78-49EF-B2E4-74521DA04E54.jpeg

5D26B427-5D80-464D-9189-B384C4C3F5D5.jpeg

81E83AC6-9675-4BFA-A49F-7143CA36185B.jpeg

289123A4-9E1A-4304-9F7E-BFC58CD08086.jpeg

Good stuff, but this batch came out pretty runny (liquidy) this time. I*ve made this before and it didnt come out so runny. I*m not positive, but last time I think I just chopped everything up in the food processor, and this time I used a mandolin with a grater attachment (did it over a mixing bowl to reserve the juice). Flavor is a little different this time around too. Used white distilled vinegar this time, and last time (I think) I used ACV.
It*s still tasty though :)

:cheers:

MikeUSMC said:
Yeah, you ain’t kidding, man :rofl: That grater was a PITA. That’s probably why I used the food processor last time ;)

I have a large quantity of kitchen gagets, processors, etc., and that being said, they all have their place. For general chopping with an even texture without turning peppers and vegetables to mush I use this—- Miracle Kitchen Plus. There are copy-cat choppers out there but they usually have straight blades in them. The real deal has curved blades and works immensely better. Throw veggies or peppers in and crank 10-20 turns and done.(just do not leave the seeds in the peppers as they will dull the blade real fast).

https://syndicate-sales.com/online-store?olsPage=products%2Fmiracle-kitchen-plus

Back