• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

hot salsa

today a guy at work brought in a salsa that looked like he bought it at some type of flee market or something like that. it was called california teardrop salsa - and yeah it almost brought a tear to my eye it was hot!

another thing he brought was a mixture of orange habs and red onion. i think this is all there was in it - there wasn't much of a vinegar bite to it, but there was a slight amount of liquid (from onion??). it was good though because the onion was like sweet tasting as you ate it, but then the hab kicked in and you felt the heat. pretty good. wouldn't be too hard to make either.

Nice idea about the red onions, i love using them but have never thought about using them in a sauce :) I will have to try it out i think.

I recently got some salsa from a small vermont company called granny blossom http://www.grannyblossom.com/ it was called "extreemly hot salsa" I looked at the ingredients real quick, the only pepper in it is jalapeno, but they use extract; its hotter than any commercialy available salsa ive had, but just barely; still its pretty darn good with tortilla chips

Back