event Hot Sauce Contests

Hey Dave,

We have two that run out of this very site. Kato's (out of Fla.) which was concluded just recently and The Hot Pepper Awrds which are just underway (if you are a commercial sauce company or work out of a commercial kitchen). There is a contest called "Open Fields" which runs out of Indiana or Illinois (try to google it). Depending on your location, there is also a monsterous contest in Austin, Tx every year, but you must deliver your sauce personally, which can be tough.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm looking for contests where you can mail you sauce in. Traveling now is not an option for us. Ellie's is under our corporation but we make it/bottle it ourselves, so would it be considered a commercial sauce or homemade?

I think you would have to take that up with each contest sponser seperately. I know that both of the first ones I mentioned are mail-ins, that's all I can do as well.

ElliesLipSmackinSauce said:
Thanks! I'm looking for contests where you can mail you sauce in. Traveling now is not an option for us. Ellie's is under our corporation but we make it/bottle it ourselves at home, so would it be considered a commercial sauce or homemade?

Welcome from a fellow LI'er!

The biggies are the Scovies and the Golden Chile Awards. You should definitely enter The Hot Pepper Awards as well.

ElliesLipSmackinSauce said:
Thanks! I'm looking for contests where you can mail you sauce in. Traveling now is not an option for us. Ellie's is under our corporation but we make it/bottle it ourselves, so would it be considered a commercial sauce or homemade?

Definitely commercial.. Email sent....

Back